Monday, December 19, 2005

December 16, 2005

December 16, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 182

 

Today was sunny and cool.

This morning we headed off to spend a few hours shopping at Arizona Market Place, a large flea market close to Kofa Co-op SKP Park. It was somewhat like Quartzsite, but more organized and civilized. I bought a pair of clip on yellow driving lenses. Joanne finally bought a metal tea pot. She has been shopping for just the right size of metal tea pot for a year and a half. She also shopped for, but didn't buy, a new backpack purse. I think that before we leave I'll probably return to buy a 12 volt fluorescent light fixture to replace the incandescent fixture over my computer desk.

We returned to the trailer for lunch. While Joanne prepared lunch, I took an empty propane tank to the park's propane refill area to have it refilled. After lunch I made phone calls to local metal fabricators, to find out availability and price of a piece of aluminum tread plate. I'm going to install a piece of aluminum tread plate on the lower front of the trailer, as a stone guard. It was Joanne's idea. The metal shop that I chose was quite close to Kofa Co-op, so I drove over there to verify that the material was what I wanted, and to place the order. I want it custom cut to fit, and holes drilled for mounting it to the trailer. It's easier to have them drill it than for me to try to do it myself with the pathetic rechargeable drill that I have. From there we drove to The Peanut Patch, a local peanut processing and sales business. We wanted to go on one of the scheduled tours of their peanut processing facility, but they don't give tours in December ( ? ! ? ). We browsed around their retail shop, but nothing interested us enough to buy. We returned to the trailer. Joanne went to do some laundry. I started reading a new book. Before it got dark, we trimmed the animals' nails. First Bo, then Teddy. Minimal fussing ... good dog and cat !

I did today's accounting, and started today's journal, before we had an early supper. After eating very quickly, we rushed off for tonight's special entertainment in the clubhouse. A group called "Cookie Cutters", from another nearby RV park. My goodness ! A group of about a dozen old women, dressed in Santa hats and strange costumes, performing music on Jew's harps and kazoos, and acting silly. I couldn't help but think ; I quit my job for this ? ! ? When the performance was finally, and mercifully, over, Joanne took me on a walk around the park to see Christmas decorations. It's surprising how elaborately some people can decorate trailers and motorhomes.

While Joanne washed dishes, I went to the clubhouse to get online to retrieve investment data. It's time for me to do my mid-month updating.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment