Friday, December 23, 2005

December 20, 2005

December 20, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 186

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning I did preventive maintenance, then drained the waste holding tanks and refilled the fresh water holding tank. Last night I purchased and downloaded McAfee Virus Scan. This morning I configured it, and scanned my computer for viruses. Somewhat to my surprise, it identified ten infected files that Norton Anti-Virus failed to detect. Since I received this laptop 2 years ago as a "Christmas gift" from the Iams Pet Food Company, I have been using Norton Anti-Virus. My subscription to Norton Anti-Virus recently expired and I decided to give McAfee Virus Scan a try. I reviewed a batch of e-mail I retrieved last night and composed some replies. Sharon phoned to advise that in my mail there was a demand for payment of $41.20 from Autopac, for late payment fees and interest. My last vehicle insurance remittance was late, and they assessed me a late fee of $20 on each of the truck and trailer, and $1.20 interest. I really hate paying late fees of any sort. I have arranged for timely payment of all accounts while travelling, with the exception of Autopac. The problem is that the vehicle registrations and insurance, and driver's licenses, require signing before payment. Sharon receives them in the mail, forwards them to us, I sign them and send payment. There's not enough lead time for all that mailing back and forth. We'll have to devise a better method for dealing with Autopac. I went to Watch Hospital to pick up my Rolex. They did a very nice cosmetic job while repairing the locking winding stem. They polished and buffed the crystal, case, and bracelet. Looks like new. However, for the price of a Rolex repair, I could buy about 16 Timex watches, and just throw them away when they stop working. Joanne did laundry while I went to pick up my watch. I took Bo along for the ride. He's been feeling "drivey" deprived.

Having my watch repaired was the last item on our errands and projects "to do" list. We're ready again for a period of extended travel. We had lunch. I cleaned the desert sand off my black leather shoes yet again. I read for awhile, then took a long nap. When I woke, I sat outside and read some more. I took Bo for an obedience training walk. He really did well. It took pretty much a year, but he really does understand what we expect of him, and he delivers. Good, good dog, Bo. Joanne spent the afternoon composing a long letter to Arley, her friend at C.A.R.E. in Livingston, Texas, where we "worked" last January. I did today's accounting, and worked on today's journal entry. We had supper. I spent some time updating some computer records. We watched some TV.

I think we're going to spend the next week doing a whole lot of nothing, to atone a bit for all those years as retailers, when we each worked about 100 hours in the week preceding Christmas.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment