Friday, December 23, 2005

December 21, 2005

December 21, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 187

 

Today was sunny and very warm. The forecast for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day is for temperatures in the low 80's. Woo-Hoo ... I can hardly wait !

I spent most of today in bed, feeling slightly ill. I'm having a bit of a colitis flare-up, and as is often the case, it's left me feeling weak and tired. I'm hoping I can get things settled down within a few days. The last time I had a flare-up was in August, and it put me into the hospital in Kenora for 3 days. This morning I got up, fed Teddy and went back to sleep. I had to get up a few minutes later, when Teddy got sick. I guess we shouldn't have fed him those old, dried up Pounce treats we found at the back of the cupboard yesterday. I cleaned up that mess, walked Bo, and went back to sleep again. I slept until almost noon.

After showering, and having lunch, I went outside to do preventive maintenance. Today was a lovely, sunny day, and more of the same is expected for the next week. I repaired a dinette chair that had loose screws. I lay down on the bed, and read a book until I fell asleep, sleeping for most of the afternoon. When I woke, I took the laptop to the clubhouse, got online, and retrieved the MasterCard statements. Darn ... I inadvertently used my Canadian dollar MasterCard in Utah to buy gas, so my Canadian dollar MasterCard billing is more than I expected. I'll need to have some funds transferred from my investments to my Canadian bank account before I pay MasterCard.

By then it was time to get dressed for the Christmas party / pot luck dinner. We went to the clubhouse, had a communal pot luck dinner, then watched some goofy Escapee entertainment, and sang Christmas carols. When we returned to the trailer, I printed the MasterCard statements, and Joanne's letter to her friend, Arley. We watched the finale of The Apprentice : Martha Stewart. Joanne helped me reconcile the MasterCard statements. It's a lot easier when I don't make mistakes, like I did in the last month, using my Canadian MasterCard in the United States, and completely losing a transaction from a grocery store purchase in Mesquite, Nevada, that I thought Joanne had paid in cash.

It was such a nice, warm evening. We went for a long walk with Bo late in the evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment