Friday, December 16, 2005

December 15, 2005

December 15, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 181

 

Today was cloudy and cool.

This morning after preventive maintenance, I drained the waste holding tanks and refilled the fresh water tank. When staying in one place, like we are here, I have to drain every 5 days. That's about the capacity of the kitchen grey water tank. I removed the birch bark biting art from the dinette window sill, and tightened up some loose screws in the mounting frame. Vibration from travelling seems to slowly loosen most screws in the trailer. I spent the rest of the morning measuring, cutting, filing, and installing the new moulding in the bedroom. I'm happier with this section of moulding than the previous one. I took Bo for an obedience walk, then downloaded and processed a couple of photos I took yesterday of lemon trees right outside the entrance gate of Kofa Co-op SKP Park. Joanne spent the morning continuing to clean and wax the trailer.

We had lunch, then I read and napped, with Teddy and Bo cuddled beside me. When I woke, I went outside and worked with Joanne on the trailer cleaning and waxing. At dusk, I came inside, to work on preparing and sending Christmas cards. When I went to my Christmas card file ... it was empty. Darn ! I guess I used up all our Christmas cards last year. I considered running out to Wal-Mart or Walgreen's, but decided against it. I decided I would compose an electronic Christmas card this year, in keeping with how we do most of our communications in this mobile lifestyle. I sat down at the computer and goofed around for awhile until I had something that I thought was acceptable. I attached it to an e-mail, and addressed it to family and friends, to be sent later. Wish me luck. I hope it works. I'm not exactly a techno wizard.

I started today's journal entry, and did today's accounting, before going outside to set up the barbecue. Joanne made potato salad, and I barbecued one of the steaks we bought the other day. We bought a package of prepared steaks, sealed in a marinade of honey and Jack Daniel's Bourbon. Very, very good. We're going to buy more. We watched the 2 hour finale of The Apprentice. I was disappointed in the outcome. It left a sour taste in my mouth.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment