Thursday, December 8, 2005

December 7, 2005

December 7, 2005

Yuma, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 173

 

Today was sunny and warm.

I've just sat down to begin working on this journal entry, and accounting, while Joanne prepares supper. I'm drinking Diet Coke with the last of the Kentucky Bourbon I bought about a year ago, with chunks of fresh lemon that were growing on a tree 10 minutes ago. I walked Bo out of the park, and across the street to the lemon grove. I picked a fresh lemon off a tree in the grove, a felony crime here in Arizona. This park is surrounded by citrus groves, oranges, lemons, and limes. Signage indicates that the groves are owned by Sunkist. I walked across the street to the lemon grove because I had never seen a lemon tree up close. I reached for a lemon, and ripped my thumb on a thorn. Who knew that lemon trees have big thorns ? Joanne is angry at me for committing a felony crime. HA HA HA !

Despite my intentions to sleep late, I woke early this morning, thanks to Teddy wanting to eat, and Bo wanting to be walked. I spent the entire morning working on a series of time consuming minor maintenance projects, cosmetic touch ups and improvements in the trailer. We had lunch, then I took a short nap. After I napped, we headed off for an afternoon of shopping and errands. First stop was Lowe's, a home improvement store like Home Depot. I bought a section of oak cove moulding to replace the pine quarter round on the stairs in the trailer. I also bought a section of oak stair rail moulding to use over the bed, on the top of the bedroom slide, to hide some shoddy workmanship by the manufacturer. The stair rail moulding is too wide, so I'll have to return it tomorrow for a narrower section of moulding. Next we went to Walgreen's, a large pharmacy chain, to buy some advertised specials, mostly chocolate bars and Christmas chocolates. From there we went to find the Aamco Transmission shop that I have an appointment at tomorrow morning. I wanted to be certain of where it was, so that I wouldn't be late for my appointment because I got lost looking for the place. There was a hair stylist shop across the street from Aamco Transmission, so Joanne went in and made appointments for haircuts for both of us tomorrow morning. Finally, we headed for Wal-Mart, for replenishment of groceries and supplies. Yuma is a fairly easy city to navigate. The streets run east / west, and the avenues run north / south. They're all named numerically, and are identified as north, south, east, or west. Makes things easy to find. Kofa Co-op SKP Park is on East 17th Street, between East 3rd Avenue and East 4th Avenue.

We returned to the trailer, and while Joanne put away our purchases, I walked Bo and fed the animals. We had supper, then watched The Apprentice : Martha Stewart. I continued working on the computer while Joanne washed dishes. While handling wood mouldings at Lowe's, I got a wood splinter embedded deeply into my finger. It took us some time to dig it out ! Our last task of the day was to inventory our prescriptions, to determine what prescription medications to buy, and how much, in Mexico on Friday.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment