Saturday, December 3, 2005

December 2, 2005

December 2, 2005

Congress, Arizona

YEAR 2 DAY 168

 

Today was cloudy and mild. I guess it doesn't rain much here in the Sonoran Desert. The sky just turns grey, with a thin, high overcast layer of clouds.

I got up early this morning. Teddy was demanding to be fed at 7:00 A.M.. I fed Teddy, walked Bo, showered, made myself a cup of coffee, then sat down at the computer to do a thorough analysis of the updated investment data that I downloaded yesterday. I had noticed on the TV news the other night that the U.S. markets had a great week. I was expecting to see quite a bit of improvement in our stock portfolios since the last time I updated them about 2 weeks ago. I was disappointed to see that there wasn't much improvement in the Canadian markets in the last couple of weeks. And the impressive gains in the U.S. components of our investments were offset by the strengthening of the Canadian dollar. Oh, well. My calendar year to date analysis shows that, barring any major market changes in December, 2005 will be a year of restrained growth of the stock markets, but just enough to finance this lifestyle for us.

I did preventive maintenance. We had lunch. I read a book, then took a long nap. Haven't had a nap after lunch in awhile. Nice. We took Bo for an obedience walk. We took a long walk around the park by ourselves. We went into the clubhouse library and selected a movie from their video library to watch tonight. We chose An Officer And A Gentleman, filmed in Port Townsend, Washington, where we were a month ago. We did some travel planning and scheduling for the next month or so.

We had supper while watching TV. Joanne washed dishes while I did today's accounting and started this journal entry. We watched the movie.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment