Tuesday, April 25, 2006

April 23, 2006

April 23, 2006

Kingston, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 310

 

Today was raining and cold.

This morning after regular morning routines and chores, I phoned Belleville Dodge to ask some questions. There was no answer. I guess they're closed on Sundays. I don't encounter many businesses any more that aren't open 7 days a week. I did yesterday's and today's preventive maintenance. Should be the last time I do "Saturday" preventive maintenance on Dee-Dee. I got the printer out of storage and printed all the documents I had queued up. Our friend Brian Malley phoned and invited us out for dinner.

We had lunch. I drove Joanne to the laundry building in the campground. Bo was very eager to go "drivey". When I returned to the trailer, Bo wouldn't get out of the truck. Driving to the laundry building and back wasn't enough "drivey". I worked on entering some investment trade data, then I reconciled the Canadian and U.S.$ MasterCards. My goodness, we use our credit cards a lot some months. I guess our truck disasters in Tennessee, and lots of tanks of diesel fuel, made up most of the charges. Joanne cleaned the trailer a bit. Two days of rain, and the place looked like a mess. Wet campground, dirty shoes, and dirty dog feet, make for a messy trailer floor. Sure am glad we don't have carpet any more. I phoned Van & Truck World to get some information on moving the fifth wheel hitch, trailer wiring, trailer brake controller, and tool chest from the old truck to the new truck. They, too, were closed. Maybe this is an area where most businesses are closed on Sundays ? I did today's accounting. Joanne and Bo and I romped on the bed. Hey ... it's a rainy day ... we're getting "cabin fever".

Brian and Joyce Malley picked us up in the campground, and drove us to a nice restaurant for a lovely dinner. Their treat. Thank you very much, Brian and Joyce. We drove back to their home, and I showed them photos of our travels until late in the evening. I borrowed their phone line to get online, send and retrieve e-mail, and update my blog. They drove us back to the campground, and left us with another invitation to come to their home for dinner Thursday evening. We had a very pleasant time seeing our friends, and look forward to another evening visiting with them. Bo enjoyed meeting them as well, when they came to pick us up. Bo loves having visitors.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment