Friday, April 28, 2006

April 27, 2006

April 27, 2006

Kingston & Belleville, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 314

 

Good riddance, Dee-Dee ! ! !

Bonjour, Lanoire !

Today was sunny and cold.

This morning we headed out at 9:00 A.M. for Belleville, west on Hwy. 401. We arrived at Belleville Dodge at 10:00 A.M. Even before going inside I phoned Village Insurance in Lorette and had them begin working on transferring our registration and insurance from Dee-Dee to the new truck. Inside the dealership we did all the paperwork and business matters, and were driving away in the new truck at 11:30 A.M. WOO-HOO ! ! ! Both Village Insurance and Belleville Dodge dealt with everything promptly and professionally. Thank you to both of them.

On the drive back to Kingston, we discussed what to call the new truck, if anything. We kicked around a few ideas, but Joanne came up with the best suggestion. The new truck was originally from Montreal. Joanne named her La Noire, French for "The Black One". Lanoire ( la nwhar ) it is !

Back at Rideau Acres I spent the entire afternoon admiring and familiarizing myself with Lanoire. I found a few scratches on the front of the truck, probably from rough tow truck handling when she was being repossessed. I think tow truck drivers are the scum of society, followed closely by transmission repairmen. Joanne spent the entire afternoon trying to figure out where to put back everything we had taken out of the cab of Dee-Dee. Gee, we carry an awful lot of stuff in the truck, because of our travelling lifestyle. As I often do, I got so caught up in what I was doing, I forgot to change clothes when I started crawling around underneath the truck, checking things out. Joanne wasn't very pleased when she noticed that I had grease smudged all along the arm of one of my newest, and nicest shirts. OOOPS !

At 5:00 P.M. we left to go for dinner at the home of our friends, Brian and Joyce Malley. On our way we stopped at Canadian Tire and I bought some truck accessories. I love shopping for new vehicle "toys". We had a lovely dinner with Brian and Joyce, then a long evening of viewing my travel photos. We always enjoy visiting with the Malleys. Thank you, Brian and Joyce, for a lovely dinner.

We arrived back at the trailer at Rideau Acres quite late, so I left the accounting and journal entry for tomorrow.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment