Wednesday, April 5, 2006

April 5, 2006

April 5, 2006

Raccoon Valley Escapees RV Park, Knoxville, Tennessee

YEAR 2 DAY 292

 

Today was sunny and warm, a perfect "June 18" day.

This morning after regular morning chores and preventive maintenance I got out the sewing kit to see if I could find the supplies I needed to do the two new magic tricks Marcel taught me last night. For the first trick I needed a large spool of thread, and a couple of long shoe laces. I took a large spool of thread out of the sewing kit, and bought some long shoe laces later, at Wal-Mart. The second trick needed a large needle and some cloth ribbon to thread through the large needle, both which I found in the sewing kit, a deck of cards, which I already have in my magic tool box, and some brown paper lunch bags, which I'll have to buy.

I took Bo for an obedience training walk. He did terribly ! He seemed sick, and the loud gurgling from his stomach would suggest that he's now paying the price for drinking creek water. Poor, stupid Bo. I climbed up on the roof of the trailer, and used a lot of duct tape to repair the hail smashed air conditioner shroud. Now that it's patched with a lot of duct tape, the replacement of the shroud is no longer an urgent item.

We had lunch. I read for awhile, then napped very briefly. We went shopping to Wal-Mart, to stock up a bit on groceries and supplies. We're still struggling with accents, theirs and ours. The clerk at the deli counter didn't seem to understand a word I said. Joanne says I need to practice asking for my luncheon meats to be sliced "varry theeyin". We're leaving tomorrow for a few days in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, then we're driving the length of Blue Ridge Parkway from Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee through the Blue Ridge Mountains to Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. We're not going to be near many services for the next 10 days or so. When we returned to Raccoon Valley, Joanne went to pay our bill, to expedite our departure tomorrow. Since it took them 25 minutes to check us in, we were afraid of how long it could possibly take them to check us out. When she returned from paying the bill, we realized that they had overcharged us $5.00 because of laziness and the odd way they handle their month end accounting. I stomped down to the office to tear a strip off the manager. This is the third time we've had to deal with the front office, and it's the third time they've screwed up. I felt it was time to tell them that we are dissatisfied customers. "No ... I don't want the 5 dollars ... I want you to know how inefficient you are, and how your lazy attitude is not acceptable." So there ! ! !

We took Bo for a hike around hiking loop A, the shortest hiking trail. We wanted to assess how ill he felt. We wanted to give him a bath, but not if he was feeling too ill. When we returned from the hike, we gave him a bath. We found a wood tick on him. I guess it's already wood tick season here in the Great Smoky Mountains. I cleaned Teddy's ears, and trimmed his claws. After Bo had dried, we cleaned his ears, and trimmed his claws also.

I did today's accounting, then set up the barbecue to cook tonight's supper. While I barbecued, I worked on today's journal entry. After supper, we watched Amazing Race. Joanne went to do a load of laundry. I got online to send and retrieve e-mail, and update my blog before we leave here.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment