Wednesday, April 5, 2006

April 3, 2006

April 3, 2006

Raccoon Valley Escapees RV Park, Knoxville, Tennessee

YEAR 2 DAY 290

 

Last night's storm took the lives of 23 people in Tennessee ! ! !

 

Today was sunny in the morning, cloudy in the afternoon, humid and warm.

There was another hail storm during the night, but it wasn't as severe as yesterday evening's hail storm. This morning after I walked Bo I examined the truck for damage. There are hail dents on the hood and roof. I suppose it's not worth worrying about on a 7 year old truck. There is also a quarter sized hole punched through the lid of the large Rubbermaid storage tote I have attached in the box of the truck between the aluminum tool chest and the fifth wheel hitch. I patched the hole with duct tape. After I did preventive maintenance, I climbed up on the roof of the trailer to check for damage. The fibreglass shroud over the air conditioner is smashed < sigh >. So is the one on my neighbour's Airstream. I checked the Camping World catalogue. A replacement air conditioner shroud will cost about U.S.$107. I checked my insurance documents. The deductibles on the both the truck and trailer are $500.

I drained the waste holding tanks. I replaced the burned out bulb in the exterior "porch" light on the side of the trailer. We had lunch. I read, then napped, while Joanne watched some afternoon soap operas. When I woke, we washed the truck. I washed the outside, and Joanne cleaned the inside. I took Bo for an obedience walk, and Joanne went to do a load of laundry. I went to the laundry room to get online, and edit yesterday's blog entry. That's 2 days in a row that I've had to do that. I retrieved e-mail, and when I returned to the trailer, I entered some investment trade details that my investment broker's assistant, Rhonda, sent by e-mail.

We had supper, then blew off an entire evening mindlessly channel surfing through the 75 or so cable TV channels we have here.

On tonight's late night news, on a segment called " Monday's Child", they featured and promoted a young boy available for adoption. WHAT ! ? Like a homeless Border Collie on "Adopt-A-Pet" ? ! ? Welcome to Tennessee !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment