Monday, April 10, 2006

April 9, 2006

April 9, 2006

Knoxville, Tennessee

YEAR 2 DAY 296

 

Today was sunny, but a bit cooler than it has been. A cold front has moved in behind the storms.

I felt healthier this morning, and was hopeful that my colitis was improving, but this afternoon I was feeling sick again < sigh >. This morning after regular morning chores and routines, I went to buy a Sunday newspaper from the box beside the clubhouse, but they were already sold out. Darn ! I reviewed last night’s incoming e-mails. I entered some data sent to me by Rhonda, my investment broker’s assistant. I had to top up the battery fluid in the trailer battery again this morning, the second time I’ve had to do that in just a few weeks. It seems as if the trailer battery may be reaching the end of its life. When we retract the slides, the slide hydraulics pump sounds as if the battery is weak, and the battery seems to have used up its fluid much faster than usual lately.

We watched some interesting TV shows on the Discovery Health Channel. We had lunch, I read, then napped. We applied flea treatments to Teddy and Bo, and gave Bo his heartworm medication. We took Bo for an obedience training session. He did well, and behaved very well, sitting still, while Missy the cat came over and rubbed against him. We did some stain removal on a backpack and a tote bag that got stained by a leaking Damp Rid container in the bedroom closet. I started work on today’s journal entry.

We went to the Sunday afternoon ice cream social. I was feeling too ill to eat ice cream, but I enjoy the socializing. We chatted with a couple from Florida who were at Rainbow Plantation in Alabama at the same time as us 16 months ago, when we adopted Bo there. They were WorkCamping there at the time, and remember the little stray dog that was looking for a new home, and that he was adopted by Canadians. They are on their way "up north" for a summer WorkCamping job at a KOA campground. Their definition of "up north" is different than ours.

We chatted with some other people about pets, and travelling with pets. A man from near here, missing many teeth, ( welcome to Tennessee, and “mountain folk” ) made a comment while he was telling a tale, about taking a sick dog to a vet, as opposed to the common practice around here of just leaving sick little dogs “out for the coyotes”. YIKES !

We had supper. We watched some interesting shows on The Food Network. Joanne phoned her sister. I worked on our personal income taxes.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment