Saturday, April 1, 2006

March 31, 2006

March 31, 2006

Raccoon Valley Escapees RV Park, Knoxville, Tennessee

YEAR 2 DAY 287

 

Today was cloudy and mild. It started raining lightly in the afternoon, turning to heavy rain in the evening.

This morning I did regular chores and preventive maintenance, then applied the North Carolina decal to our map on the side of the trailer. Woo-Hoo ... another decal ! Then I replaced the broken plastic door restraint with the new stainless steel one I bought at Camping World in Myrtle Beach the other day. I've broken a couple of the plastic door hold backs, so maybe now that I've replaced it with a stainless steel version it won't break any more. As I was installing it, a neighbouring camper came by and admired it, lamenting that he, too, keeps breaking the standard plastic versions. I sealed a new stress crack on the side of the trailer with silicone caulking. I did a test of the new smoke alarm I installed a month or so ago.

We took Bo for an obedience training walk. We had lunch. I took a nap while Joanne did some laundry. We went to the park's regular afternoon social hour. It was a small group, but we ended up chatting with people for a couple of hours. We recognized an Ontario Chapter 18 couple as they were checking in to the park, but they didn't recognize us. We decided to go shopping before supper. We drove 2 exits back on the Interstate, to Wal-Mart. We bought some groceries, then returned to Raccoon Valley.

I did today's accounting while Joanne prepared supper. After supper we watched some TV, and I worked on today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment