Friday, April 28, 2006

April 26, 2006

April 26, 2006

Kingston, Ontario

YEAR 2 DAY 313

 

Today was sunny and very cold.

The stress of the last few weeks has been accumulating. We had a tough day emotionally. Sometimes our stress manifests itself in us squabbling with each other, hurting each other, and generally behaving badly towards one another.

This morning I phoned Village Insurance to verify a detail regarding ownership of the new truck. Then I phoned BMO Direct Banking and paid both the MasterCard bills. We drained all the waste holding tanks. We poured some bleach into the fresh water holding tank, and refilled it, to disinfect it. I discovered a loose wire under the dash. Evidently Van & Truck World had begun removing the trailer brake controller yesterday before discovering that the cruise control was wired into it. They reinstalled, and rewired the trailer brake controller hurriedly and poorly. I planned to fix the loose wire later. We worked on removing the dually valve extenders. That involved removing all 4 rear wheels to get at the valve extenders. We worked on one side before lunch, and one side after lunch. Big, big job ! It was mid-afternoon by the time we finished.

We needed to go to the Bank Of Montreal and get a cheque certified to pay for the truck. When I turned the key to start the truck, the starter failed to engage. That's the fourth "failure to engage" for the starter that was installed a little less than 3 months ago. Keep it up, sweetheart ! In less than 24 hours you'll be somebody else's nightmare. I whacked the starter, and away we went. We drove to the mall where we knew there was a Bank Of Montreal. The bank would not certify a cheque for me because it was drawn on a branch in Kenora, not Kingston. UH-OH ! GLITCH ! PANIC ! But ... they would happily allow me to obtain a bank draft. The logic totally escaped me. They wouldn't certify a cheque, because my signature verification card was in Kenora, and they couldn't authenticate my signature. But they were very happy to prepare a bank draft for a huge amount of money, without a signature. HUH ? ! ? I got the bank draft, and we drove to another mall for a bit of grocery shopping.

On the way back to Rideau Acres we stopped and I put $20 worth of diesel into Dee-Dee. Hopefully the last 20 bucks I'll spend on that ******* piece of crap. Back at the campground I worked on repairing the loose wire on the trailer brake controller < sigh > and Joanne worked on emptying everything out of Dee-Dee. WOW ... what a lot of stuff we have in the truck. I took Bo for an obedience training session, and an off leash walk. Good boy, Bo. He romped around near me, off leash, returning every time I called him back. As we were returning to the trailer, Joanne saw he was off leash, called him, and he ran to her. Good, good dog, Bo.

While Joanne prepared supper, I worked on entering all the investment trade data that Rhonda had phoned with earlier today. I did today's accounting. I discovered an inexplicable variance of about $127 between my account records, and the account balance statement that I got with the draft. I'll worry about that later, I guess. We had supper, then watched Amazing Race. I did my monthly backup of all computer files to CD, and finished up today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment