Wednesday, January 12, 2005

January 11, 2005

January 11, 2005

C.A.R.E. Centre & Livingston, Texas

DAY 207

 

Today was sunny and warm. I had to wear shorts and a t shirt < snicker >. When we drove through Livingston at 3:00 P.M. this afternoon, the temperature display on the bank said 78° .

I worked from 8:30 A.M. until 2:30 P.M. on taking inventory of chemical products in a large storage closet in the C.A.R.E. Centre. Joanne worked in the kitchen, on lunch, for the same hours. As soon as we were finished work, we rushed off to Livingston, to the Post Office. Bo was very eager to go for a ride, so we brought him along. The only ride he's had in the last 3 weeks has been a few hundred feet when we moved from the Rainbow's End side to the C.A.R.E. side. I think he has hitch itch. I know I sure do. We mailed a package to Madeleine for her upcoming sixth birthday. We checked on our November mail package mailed by Sharon a month ago. It's still not here. I assume that means it's lost forever < sigh >. Stupid Post Office !

When we returned, Joanne went off to visit Arley, which she does every day for an hour. I put Teddy outside in his little tent, while I prepared to continue washing the trailer. Rudy came by, walking his fat dog, Cody. Cody came running over. Rudy and I both assumed he was running over to visit me. WRONG ! He was running over because he saw Teddy in the tent, and was charging over to attack Teddy. Stupid, fat dog ! He leaped on the tent to get at Teddy, ripping through the fine mesh screening in three places with his stupid, fat claws. Stupid, fat dog ! As soon as Rudy and I realized that Cody wasn't rushing over to see me, but rather to lunge at Teddy, Rudy yanked back on the retractable leash, and I tackled Cody. Stupid, fat dog ! ! ! Teddy was a little surprised, although he's pretty laid back about other animals.

Rain's constipation problem resolved itself over night. We added a teaspoon of oil to each of her 4 meals yesterday. I guess that helped. Nancy, a nursing aide at C.A.R.E. is considering adopting Rain. She needs her husband's approval, and will discuss it with him tonight. They live on 16 acres of land, with 2 dogs and a cat, so it would likely be a pretty good home for Rain.

I spent 2 hours washing one side of the trailer. Now I've completed the front and one side. I have the back, one side, and the roof still to do. The roof is so filthy that mildew and algae are beginning to grow on it. What a mistake to let 6 month's worth of road grime build up on the fibreglass front, back, and sides, and especially the rubber roof.

The brightest spot in the night sky is the constellation Orion, directly overhead. Directly overhead ? ? ? That's not right, is it ?

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment