Thursday, January 20, 2005

January 17, 2005

January 17, 2005

C.A.R.E. Centre

DAY 213

 

Today was another bright sunny day, still a bit cool. In the mornings, on bright, sunny days, the male Cardinals sing. How nice. And a pleasant reminder of warm, sunny days in our screen porch on Quigley Hill Road. We had a mated pair of Cardinals nesting in our forest for the last few years. I used to enjoy being on the porch, listening to the male Cardinal singing. In addition to the many Cardinals around here, the park is full of robins. I wonder when they got here from the North ? I wonder when they will begin to return to the North ?

Last night's temperature dipped down to near freezing over night, so we let Rain sleep inside the trailer for the first time. I slept with her in the bedroom, and Joanne slept on the sofa with Teddy and Bo.

A couple of observations about Texas ; within minutes of introducing myself to people as Daniel, they begin calling me Danny. I hate being called Danny, but they all carry hand guns so I'm reluctant to complain ! I guess Daniel is too formal sounding for Texans. Maybe that explains why old women here have names like Kitty. How many women named Kitty do you know ?

I spent part of the morning with the Executive Director and the Activities Director planning a day outing on Thursday to Lake Livingston State Park. There's a lot of regulatory bureaucracy involved in taking a bus load of people from a senior's day care centre on an outing. One can't just throw the old folks in the bus and hit the road ! The rest of the morning I spent dumping black water ( sewage holding ) tanks for those participants who can't do it for themselves.

Immediately after lunch I performed a half hour juggling and magic show. It went very well. I still got it ! Prior to a couple of months ago, at YMCA Of The Ozarks, I hadn't done magic for about 15 years. I did a bit of magic at Trout Lodge, and it removed some of the "rust" from my magician skills. I had the courage today to do an illusion I had not performed for 15 years. I didn't have the self-confidence to try it a couple of months ago at Trout Lodge / YMCA Of The Ozarks. I performed it as my finale today, and it went flawlessly. ( bowing and doing my Elvis impersonation ) Thankyou ... thankyouverymuch.

I spent the rest of the afternoon continuing work on the chemical inventory. I finally finished the respite cottage shed. Now I've got themower garage and the respite cottage garage left to do. Joanne is going to help me work on it for awhile tomorrow.

I've decided to begin formal obedience training with Bo. Today was day 1. It didn't go very well. He has the attention span of ... of ... well ... a Yorkshire Terrier !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment