Tuesday, January 25, 2005

January 22, 2005

January 22, 2005

C.A.R.E. Centre

DAY 218

 

Today was sunny and warm, with a light breeze, temperature in the high 70's. This evening cooled off a lot, and the wind picked up. The next few days will be quite a bit cooler.

This morning there was a knock on the trailer door, and when I opened the door, there were Harv and Louise Schweyer from Hamilton, Ontario. They are members of Escapees Ontario Chapter 18 that we became friends with at both the Chapter 18 rallies that we attended, and at the Fall Escapade in Indiana. They are at Rainbow's End for a couple of days on their way to the Mexican Connection Rally, an annual pilgrimage of Escapees to Mexico. They knew we were here, because they have been talking to Sandy and Peachy McGeachy by e-mail. Sandy and Peachy are also going on the Mexican Rally. It was great visiting with Harv and Louise. We like them a lot. They’re great people. They thought Bo was a great addition to our family.

This afternoon while working with Bo on obedience training < sigh > he and I walked all the way from C.A.R.E. through the old campground part of Rainbow’s End and over to the new campground section, where the Schweyers are parked. Bo and I found them sitting outside their rig, having a beer at the picnic table with 2 couples from Alberta Chapter 44. One of the couples is going on the Mexican rally. The other couple is hosting an Alberta Chapter 44 Winter Rally in early March at Mesa, Arizona, just before Spring Escapade in California. I happily accepted their invitation to join Chapter 44’s rally. When I told Joanne about it later in the day, she was pleased, and looks forward to meeting a bunch of Albertans in Arizona.

Joanne went to work this afternoon. She was responsible for preparing supper, by herself. Usually there are 2 people working on each meal, but this weekend, each meal is being prepared by only one person. I spent the late part of the afternoon washing the roof of the trailer. I’m finally finished washing the trailer exterior, top to bottom. At one point I went inside the trailer to fill a bucket with warm, soapy water, and when I came back inside an hour later, I discovered that I had the left the door open between Rain in the bedroom, and Teddy and Bo in the living area. Much to my surprise, and relief, nobody was mortally wounded. If Bo or Teddy approaches Rain, she growls softly, and they keep their distance. Teddy always did, but at the beginning, Bo was a bit too stupid to realize that this cat won’t tolerate having her face licked, or toes nibbled, like Teddy does. It was obvious when I came inside after leaving the door open for an hour that some sort of agreement had been reached between Rain and Bo. AND ... Bo’s nose still seems to be attached to his face !

However ... in that same vein, while I was detaching the computer’s power cord, to take my computer into the Centre to provide a slide show of our France trip as entertainment after dinner, I discovered a tooth mark on the power cord. One bite, tooth mark right into the cord, copper wire inside exposed. I guess SOMEBODY got 120 volts up a tooth ! Seems to be only the one bite mark. Maybe one bite was enough of a lesson. No wonder his hair always looks so messy. He spends his days finding ways to electrocute himself.

My Paris trip slide show was well received by the women. The men weren’t interested. Tomorrow the women would like to see a slide show of our summer travels.

As I type this late in the evening, the door to the bedroom is open. Everybody seems to understand “the rules”. Rain is on our bed, where she always is. Teddy and Bo are lounging around in their sheepskin beds on the floor in the living room.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment