Monday, July 18, 2005

July 14, 2005

July 14, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 58 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 27

 

Another sunny, hot day. A couple of thunderstorms in the late afternoon cooled things off.

This morning we discussed what to do about getting a thyroid function blood test done for Teddy, since I've decided not to deal with the Kenora Vet any more. After much discussion, and arguing, I drove to the park gate and phoned a vet in Steinbach. I made an appointment for next Tuesday. I did some work repairing both Joanne's and my sandals. On mine, the soles were peeling off, so I had to decide whether to glue them back on, or just peel them off completely. I peeled off the soles. Joanne had a pair of sandals that were too long, so I cut them shorter. Dan the soleless shoe repair man. HA HA HA !

We had lunch, I read, then napped. Joanne went to do some laundry. We took Bo for an obedience training session, then rewarded him with a dip in the lake. Most days we walk him down to Miller Beach, and allow him to go splashing around in the lake. He loves it, and it really cools him down on these hot days. The only downside is that when we walk back across the beach, he picks up a lot of sand which sticks to him until he completely dries off. In the meantime he tracks a lot of sand into the trailer, most of it seeming to end up on the bed. Back at the trailer, I had a snack while Joanne went off to Falcon Lake to buy some groceries. I was feeling weak. I've had a mild colitis flare up that has lasted a few weeks now. I've been trying to ignore it as much as possible, but it's leaving me feeling dehydrated and weak. I guess it's gotten to a point where I need to start taking my Pentasa medication again.

During the second thunderstorm Ann the firewood lady came into the campground for her nightly tour around the campground selling firewood. When the rain stopped, I went out to settle up with her for the first week's worth of firewood we got from her and sold. We chatted for awhile, about her plans for the future, and ours. She's in a lot better mood now that she has sold her farm.

We had barbecued shish kabobs for supper, with a spinach salad. Joanne and I are a good team when it comes to using the barbecue to make dinner, which we do on most nights when the weather permits. I taught Bo how to eat watermelon tonight. A worthy skill for any dog. HA HA HA !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment