Wednesday, July 13, 2005

July 8, 2005

July 8, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 52 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 21

 

Today was sunny and hot.

This morning I drove out to the park gate, and returned some phone calls we had missed. I spoke to one of the RV Parks on Vancouver Island. Their sites are quite expensive. Recreational property on Vancouver Island is expensive. I spoke to my investment broker, and got details of an investment trade I made. I returned a call to Lorri. She told me that the Carlson's are coming out to West Hawk next Monday and staying over night at Keystone Cabins. WOO-HOO ! I get to dream up new ways for her little girls to get hurt. HA HA HA ! Hey, girls, want to climb on that beaver dam over by Star Lake ? ? ? HA HA HA HA HA ! ! ! I returned to the trailer, picked up the laptop, and drove to the Border Information Centre to plug into their phone line to retrieve e-mail and update my blog. We got an e-mail from our friend Jim Shelton. Jim is a full time RV'er, and a paraplegic. He has returned to his family home in Michigan for part of the summer. He took his 93 year old mother on a camping trip. The only door on his specially modified trailer is a wheelchair lift. The wheelchair lift on his trailer malfunctioned, while he was outside the trailer, and his mother was inside. He couldn't get in, and she couldn't get out. What a predicament ! Makes my routine maintenance problems pale by comparison.

Back at the campground, I did my daily regular preventive maintenance / inspections. We drained the holding tanks. I refused to listen to Joanne's advice, and attempted to empty both the black water tank, and the bathroom grey water tank, together into the waste tote. It exceeded the tote's capacity, and overflowed onto the ground right beside the neighbour's trailer. YIKES ! Sorry about the sewage spillage right beside your trailer, folks. We had lunch, I read, then napped. While Joanne went to shower, I went over to the campground office to chat with Kristin. While we were chatting, a little girl about 7 years old came rushing down the road on her bicycle, and wiped out. She slid on her knees on the gravel road. What a mess ! I picked her up, calmed her down, then brought her and the bent bicycle back to her trailer. "Hello, Ma'am, I'm the Campground Host, here's your bloody kneed little girl. Have a nice day !" I guess that's the nature of camping with children.

We took Bo for an obedience walk. He performed pathetically. Unfocused and too hot ! What ? He can only be obedient on cool days ? We packaged our malfunctioned mattress warming pad / bed heater for shipment to Mississippi, for repair or replacement. I hope it's back before we leave Manitoba in September.

After supper we walked around the campground promoting tonight's special Amphitheatre program on Birds Of Prey, with special guest Mocha the Red Tailed Hawk. It was a great presentation by a falconer, with Mocha, and a slide show. As the Amphitheatre program ended, I had to rush off to put a stop to the group that was lighting fireworks in the picnic shelter. Talk about shit for brains !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment