Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 22, 2005

July 22, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 66 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 35

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

This morning after walking Bo and showering, I had a leisurely cup of coffee, and a play session with Bo, waiting for Joanne to get up. She sleeps a couple of hours longer than me every morning. I did regular preventive maintenance, then drove over to the Border Information Centre to retrieve e-mail, update my blog, retrieve my MasterCard statements, and update my anti-virus software. This is the first time I accessed my new U.S. $ MasterCard account statement online. It's different than retrieving my Canadian $ MasterCard account statement. I recently used our new U.S. $ MasterCard to pay a bill in U.S. dollars. No glitches so far. When I returned to the trailer, I updated my investment and banking files with some recent trade data I received by e-mail from Rhonda in my investment broker's office. I finished the morning by applying the first coat of varnish to the top side of the sofa table.

I read, we had lunch, I read some more, then I napped while Joanne went to Falcon Lake for groceries and diesel. We drained all the holding tanks. We took Bo for an obedience training session. He started poorly, then slowly improved as we walked, and worked. Not one of his better days. I downloaded and processed yesterday's photos from the Petroforms. Joanne applied a second coat of varnish to the sofa table top. We sure seem to keep ourselves busy for unemployed people with nowhere to go !

By 6:30 P.M. ( as I'm working on this ) the campground was almost full. I guess that will be typical for weekends in July and August. We liked this place a lot more in May and June, when there was hardly anyone here much of the time.

While I manned the barbecue, I worked on reviewing the batch of incoming mail we picked up at Sharon's on Tuesday. We had shish kabobs, and an experimental barbecued rice medley for supper. We've been experimenting with preparing rice on the barbecue. It's a little tricky, but I think we've got the hang of it now. After supper, we did our regular Friday night tour of the campground, promoting tonight's Amphitheatre program. Tonight was a presentation on insects. Five Park Interpreters in insect costumes, doing a skit parody of "the mating game", followed by an episode of Dr. David Suzuki's "The Nature Of Things" on insects. Tonight was one of their better efforts. A few minutes before the end of the show, I had to rush off to deal with a group of 5 drunk young men walking through the campground, heading for the bar, making a lot of noise, whooping and hollering. I can be quite intimidating when I need to be ... especially in the dark. Those goofs will be afraid to speak in anything above a whisper for the rest of the weekend. HA HA HA HA HA ! Good work, Dan !

MMMMM ! ! ! My bed time snack was a huge bowl full of sweet, wild blueberries.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment