Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 24, 2005

July 24, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 68 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 37

 

Happy Birthday to Joanne's brother-in-law, Doug.

Today was sunny and warm, and windy.

Sharon and Bud came out to visit for the day. They showed up just before lunch time. We had a nice barbecued chicken lunch, finished off with a lovely blueberry cheesecake Joanne made. Bud and I went for a hike on the campground scenic hike up and over the bluff. Not surprisingly, I picked up about a half a dozen beer cans and bottles on the short hike. Today being Sunday, and many people leaving the campground, it looks a bit like a pig sty with all the litter. Very unfortunately, that's pretty typical for Sunday afternoons. We spent the afternoon just sitting around our campsite in lawn chairs, visiting. They left before supper.

We took Bo for a short obedience training session. Due to a temporary staff shortage problem, the campground office opened late, and closed early today. The same thing will happen again tomorrow. As I was walking back from the bathroom about 8:00 P.M. a red van stopped beside me. The lady inside was enraged about everything. There really was no hope of satisfying her. She was upset about having to change campsites today, and anything and everything else. I listened to her rant and rave, then offered the only help I could thing of that might satisfy her. She was moved to a site with 30 amp power, and had no way to connect her regular 15 amp extension cord to the 30 amp power outlet. I offered to lend her a 30 amp to 15 amp adaptor, then commented that it was my personal property and I wanted to be certain that it was returned to me. That set her off. She decided I was disrespectful. She ranted and ranted and ranted, quite abusively, actually. I kept my mouth shut, and waited for it to end. I decided the less said, the better. I have enough experience dealing with people in a retail context to know that once some people are cranked up, there's some times no real hope of calming them down and attempting to satisfy them. When she was finally finished, she drove off in a huff, vowing to drive all the way to Kenora to buy an adaptor. Good luck, lady. It's 8:15 P.M. on a Sunday evening, and you're about 35 minutes from Kenora.

We had a few late arrivals come in tonight that we assisted in finding and getting into suitable sites. We experimented with barbecuing meat loaf for supper. It turned out good.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment