Friday, July 22, 2005

July 20, 2005

July 20, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 64 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 33

 

Today started out sunny and very warm, but the evening got cool.

We spent the morning picking blueberries. We drove to the spot just past Falcon Lake, and spent about an hour and a half or so picking. We got hot and tired. We drove back towards West Hawk, stopping twice at spots that looked likely to have blueberries. The first spot didn't. The second spot did. We spent another short period of time picking there, but it wasn't as good a spot as the first. When we got back to the trailer, Joanne cleaned and washed our harvest. It filled 2 large margarine containers. Joanne thinks maybe she'll make a blueberry cheesecake.

We had lunch, I read a magazine on the Lake Cowichan area, then napped. Beaver Lake, adjacent to Lake Cowichan, on Vancouver Island, is where one of the RV parks we're interested in is located. While Joanne went to do laundry, I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the stereo project. First I finished rewiring the speakers. Next I reinstalled, and braced, the speaker selector switch in the wall. Then I reinstalled the stereo unit into the wall. As I was lying in bed last night, I realized that not only can I install wiring that will allow me to play CD's on the Walkman through the stereo unit, I can do the same with playing CD's in the computer through the stereo. That will work out great because the computer is sitting on its desk most of the time, in front of the entertainment wall unit.

From the time the office closed at 4:30 we were kept busy with incoming campers, and selling the rest of our firewood. We barbecued supper. I got a return phone call from the owner of the business that is for sale, at Clear Lake, in Riding Mountain National Park, that we are somewhat interested in. He answered some of my questions, and I told him we would probably come up to see the business a week after Labour Day. I jumped out of the trailer when Jonathon, one of the Parkies, drove by, to tell him about a loud stereo problem in section D. Bo escaped out the door, and went dashing out onto the road, dodging traffic driving by. BAD, BAD DOG ! ! ! Then, when he realized he was "free", and Jonathon was calling him over just to catch him, he refused to come to either Jonathon or me. He usually loves to visit any of the Parkies. He ran around and around us, refusing to get close enough to be caught. I swear he gets a smirk on his face when he behaves badly like that. Finally Jonathon grabbed a handful of fur as Bo charged by him. I spent the rest of the evening scowling at Bo, refusing to talk to him or give him any positive attention, until he finally looked very sorrowful. He's such a ... a ... terrier ! ! ! So sweet, but so unruly !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment