Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 27, 2005

July 27, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 71 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 40

 

Today was cloudy and cool.

I felt ill for most of the day. I'm getting tired of feeling ill ! I spent most of today reading and napping. I finished the last story of the last book that I have to read. Over the course of the winter, I acquired 5 Reader's Digest Condensed Books, each containing 4 novels, from various Escapee RV park book exchanges. I thought they would last me the summer. Now I have nothing more to read. Joanne suggests we hitch up and head out to an Escapee park to get more books to read. HA HA HA ! She's teasing me about the Reader's Digest Condensed Books. Half the stories in them are what she calls "chick lit". True, but the other half are murder mysteries and action adventure stories. I fixed the broken clasp on her backpack purse. We drained the kitchen grey water tank. We took Bo for an obedience walk, once again turning the "come" command into a game of "hide and seek".

I went to the office to see what sites were available for tonight's late arrivals, but by the time I got to the office, it was closed. All week the office has been opening and closing at irregular times because of staff shortages, and long weekend staff scheduling. Of course, the campground Queen Bee doesn't feel it necessary to keep us informed. We had to drive around the entire campground, recording the numbers of available sites. By supper time, the campground only had 2 extremely small, tent suitable "walk up" sites available for the upcoming long weekend. People are driving out from Winnipeg and setting up their gear on sites today, then driving back to Winnipeg, to ensure that they have a site for the long weekend. All the reservation sites are booked for the long weekend.

The doe with 2 fawns made her first appearance since the July long weekend. My goodness, the fawns have grown quickly. I barbecued steak for me, and pork chops for Joanne, then built a camp fire. I split some of the wood cut from the trees in our site when we arrived. I'll probably end up leaving much of it here when we leave, because it's large, long sections of tree limbs that will require a splitter. An axe just won't cut it, so to speak.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment