Monday, August 1, 2005

July 28, 2005

July 28, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 72 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 41

 

Today was sunny and warm.

First thing this morning we headed off to Steinbach, Lorette, and Winnipeg. West on TCH 1 to Hwy. 12, then south on Hwy. 12 to Steinbach. As we were driving down the Trans-Canada, a bird hit the windshield. DAMN ! Goodbye, little bird. We stopped at Clearspring Mall where I bought the stereo wiring I needed, at Circuit City. Then it was over to South East Vet Clinic to buy a cat piller, and check if Teddy's blood test results were back from the lab yet. The piller is a syringe like device to administer pills to cats. Giving Teddy his new hyperthyroidism pills is becoming more difficult, as he becomes more resistant. His lab test results were indeed back, and I reviewed them with the vet. His T4 thyroid hormone level has dropped from 90 to 9. The pills are working ! And he can now go from 2 pills a day down to one. Hooray ! From there we drove down the back roads to Lorette. We dropped Teddy and Bo off at the Danelak's leaving them in the back yard gazebo. Sharon & Bud followed us back to Landmark, where I dropped off the truck for service at the GM dealer. Then they drove us back to Steinbach, where we went for lunch at the restaurant at the Dutch Connection Inn. Lunch was okay ... not spectacular, not terrible. After lunch we stopped at Canadian Tire, where Sharon needed to exchange a recent purchase, then they drove me back to the GM dealer in Landmark. Joanne went with Sharon and Bud back to their place, while I dealt with the truck. I looked a new one ton diesel dually on the dealer's lot, the 2005 version of Dee-Dee. YIKES ! ! ! $64,000 ! ! ! Guess we won't be parting with Dee-Dee just yet. I finished up at the dealership, then drove back to Sharon's & Bud's in Lorette, where Joanne, Teddy, and Bo were waiting for me. We had dessert, visited for awhile, and it was time to leave for the Carlson's, where we're spending the night.

Lorri invited us to visit, and spend the night, because Doug is gone to Los Angeles for a few days. He's allergic to Teddy and Bo, so staying for an over night visit, with the animals, was only possible when Doug was away. We drove into Winnipeg, to the Carlson's, arriving just as Lorri was leaving with Madeleine and Amelia, for their swimming lessons. Joanne went with them. I stayed in the house, along with Teddy and Bo, and I started getting caught up on myonline work. They returned from their swimming lessons. We had supper. Joanne and Lorri visited on the porch. The girls played with Bo and Teddy. Bo found, and chewed, the girls' little flute / recorder. I guess it looked just like a West Hawk Lake stick ! Stupid dog ! I continued getting caught up on a backlog of work I needed to do online. Lorri put the girls to bed, and while she and Joanne visited in the family room, I worked on today's accounting and journal entry. Joanne is complaining that I've spent too much time on the computer this evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment