Monday, August 22, 2005

August 20, 2005

August 20, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 95 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 64

 

Today started out sunny, warm, and windy. By late afternoon it became cloudy, with light rain.

I woke up early this morning, went to the bathroom, walked Bo, fed Teddy and Bo, showered, then went back to bed until noon. When I awoke, Joanne was gone to Falcon Lake to buy groceries and diesel. When she returned, we had lunch. Joanne's sister phoned to tell her that their mother's sister's ex-husband, Uncle Luc, died. He was a good guy. I guess we'll go to Winnipeg to attend his funeral, and pay our respects to Joanne's Aunt Elaine and cousins.

I did today's regular preventive maintenance and inspections, then worked on mounting the new bed heater's control units to the walls on each side of the bed. Then I sanded and varnished the top of the folding desk. There were some scratches on one corner, where Bo scratched it. He stands with his back paws on the sofa, and puts his front paws on the corner of the desk to get my attention when I'm working on the computer. I'm working on breaking him of that habit. BO, OFF < SMACK >. While I was working on my projects, Joanne cleaned the inside of the truck. I read the newspaper for awhile, then we took Bo for an obedience walk. I removed the driver's door panel, and removed the speaker out of the door. I don't know enough about electronics to know exactly what's wrong with the speaker, or even if the problem is the speaker, as opposed to a wiring problem, but the speaker looks pretty shabby. I'll assume the speaker itself is the problem, and order a new one from the Landmark GM dealer. Of course, the speaker is not an every day "off the shelf" design. It's a speaker obviously designed by, and for, GM. Can't just buy a cheap replacement at any electronics store !

It got cloudy, cool, windy, and began to rain lightly, so we came inside. I worked on today's accounting, and journal entry, then read the newspaper some more. We had supper. I checked with the campground office on tonight's site availability. I worked on the batch of incoming mail we picked up at Sharon's the other day.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment