Monday, August 15, 2005

August 10, 2005

August 10, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 85 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 54

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning after regular morning chores I wrote some outgoing e-mails, then drove over to the Manitoba Border Information Centre to get online. I sent and received e-mails and updated my blog, then returned to West Hawk. We had lunch, then drained two of the holding tanks. Joanne went off to do laundry at Crescent Beach Cottages. I read until I fell asleep. After napping, I took Bo for a long walk in advance of giving him a bath. We gave Bo a bath. He sure stinks like a dog before being bathed. He sure smells great after bathing.

I must have slept "funny" last night. I had a minor backache all day. It was worse when wrestling with the heavy waste tote while draining holding tanks, and again while bent over bathing Bo.

I found a portable barbecue discarded by the garbage shed. It was in better shape than ours. I took it back to our campsite, and cleaned it up to see if it's worth salvaging. It needs a new regulator. I was going to buy a new regulator for it, but Joanne doesn't think it's worthwhile, since the one we have is still in good condition, and we don't really want to be toting around a spare barbecue. I guess she's right. I was going to go fishing after supper for the first time in over a month, but decided I didn't want to be sitting on a little stool on the dock for an hour and a half with a sore back. Maybe tomorrow.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment