Monday, August 1, 2005

July 29, 2005

July 29, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 73 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 42

 

Another sunny, warm day.

I slept poorly at the Carlson's last night. I tossed and turned, waking up during the night drenched in sweat. I opened some windows in the room. Lorri had closed all the windows earlier because the mosquito fogging truck was spraying on her street late in the evening. We had the door to Madeleine's room, where we were sleeping, closed to keep Teddy and Bo in with us. So it turned onto a bit of a sauna in the bedroom. And not to help matters at all, my colitis was bothering me during the night. When returning to the bedroom from using the bathroom, I guess I didn't shut the bedroom door properly, because shortly after, Bo left the room and went into Lorri's bedroom and woke her up. I woke up this morning feeling exhausted.

I made a bunch of phone calls this morning, getting quotes on the brake work the truck needs. Madeleine, Amelia, and I took Bo for a long walk around the neighbourhood. They seem to enjoy walking the dog ... and carrying the cat. Poor Teddy was frequently getting carried around the living room by the two of them. The girls and I played together in the back yard until lunch. We left shortly after lunch to drive back to West Hawk Lake. We stopped at three places along the highway looking for good quality, well priced wild rice. We decided who had the best deal, and we'll buy some next time we go to Winnipeg. We stopped at Falcon Lake to buy some milk and bread, and fill up Dee-Dee with diesel. When we got back to West Hawk, we unloaded and put away our over night stuff, then I took a nap. Whew ... I was so tired !

When I awoke, I installed the wiring that allows me to hook up either the computer, or the Walkman, through the stereo speakers. We listened to a CD in the trailer, for the first time in a long time. It was a nice change from CBC Radio. We barbecued burgers for supper, then did our regular Friday evening walk around the campground, promoting tonight's Amphitheatre program. Just before we set off, Beth and Samantha came by to inform us that tonight's special guest, Smokey The Bear, was unable to be at tonight's presentation as planned. Seems he was unavoidably detained in Quebec fighting a forest fire < rolling eyes > ! After our walk around, Bo decided he was going to bed. Okay ... we went to the Amphitheatre program without him. Poor little Bo. He can't keep up with Madeleine and Amelia. HA HA HA ! After the Amphitheatre program we wandered over to the campground office to see how registrations were going, etc., before the office closed for the evening. Most of tonight's incoming campers seemed to be arriving later than typical for a long weekend Friday. It's now almost 11:00 P.M. and there's still a half dozen campers, with reservations for tonight, not yet arrived.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment