Monday, August 15, 2005

August 14, 2005

August 14, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 89 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 58

 

Today was cloudy, warm, and humid.

I got up this morning, went to the bathroom for the first of many times, walked Bo, and went back to sleep until noon. When I got up at noon, I went to shower, then went to the campground office to see if they still wanted me to help move a pair of old ladies in a huge motorhome from G18 to A23. They came in yesterday, with a reservation for A23. They couldn't squeeze their rig into A23 without some help, so Kristin put them into G18 for last night, and said she would ask me to help move them today. By the time I got to the office shortly after noon, the ladies with the large motorhome had left in disgust, demanding a refund for the 5 nights they had prepaid. They couldn't fit into A23. They fit into G18 but couldn't extend their slides. They were full time RV'ers, so they just turned the key in the ignition and moved on. They had probably witnessed some of last night's shenanigans, and figured there's something wrong with this place. The R.C.M.P. were in here three times last night. The Parkies called them in three times to make arrests. Once on a gun charge. Some jerk waving around a hand gun. Once on a marijuana charge. And once on an open liquor and false identity charge. The Parkies routinely handle open liquor charges, but last night some drunk produced obviously false identification. That might even be somewhat understandable if he was an under age drinker, but this guy was close to 30 years old. As far as campgrounds go, there is something wrong with this place !

We had lunch, then took Bo for an obedience walk. He did good. We sat at the picnic table, and trimmed his claws, then did the same to Teddy. Inside the trailer, we administered their monthly doses of spot-on flea treatments, and Bo's heartworm medication. Three of the Parkies came by for a brief visit. Bo loves visiting his Parkie buddies. I spent the balance of the afternoon reading. I fell asleep for a short time, which I hadn't really intended to do since I slept until noon. I guess my body needs rest to get healthier.

We had supper, then I made a campfire, which I don't do often enough. The summer rush is over. For the first time in about seven weeks, the campground was mostly empty, and quiet. We sat by the campfire for awhile, listening to loons calling on the lake. We brought Teddy outsideto sit by the campfire with us for awhile. We took Bo for a short play session with a tennis ball at dusk. We sat around the campfire for awhile longer in the dark. The sky was clear. The air was calm. The moonlight was bright. It was a very pleasant evening.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment