Wednesday, August 10, 2005

August 5, 2005

August 5, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 80 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 49

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

I felt healthier today, at last.

Sheesh ! I have just returned from dealing with a "problem". I was at the campground office about 2 minutes after they received a complaint about a "problem dog running loose" around site B18. The campground office attendants were calling the Parkies to come deal with the problem, when I said I would go look into it. I wandered through B18 to the site behind it, C7, to find Trish. Trish is a lovely, friendly, docile, female Golden Retriever, ambling around her campsite, and it appears as if occasionally she steps a paw over the border between her site and B18. The occupants of B18 have occupied their site for a week now, and have generated so many petty complaints to the office that the staff have begun to refer to them as Mr. and Mrs. Special. Oh, I know the type well, from having been a retailer. Having now met Trish, it's hard to fathom how any one could actually complain about her !

This morning I did my regular preventive maintenance and inspections, then crawled under the truck to look for an oil leak. I thought I saw some oil drops on the ground under the truck. The only thing I could find was a bit of oil on one of the oil cooler lines, but that's been leaking ever so slightly since I bought the truck almost 2 years ago. WOW ... has it been that long ? The leak isn't worth worrying about. I drove over to the Border Information Centre, to get online. I sent and retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, retrieved a bank statement, and downloaded updated investment data. I returned to West Hawk. Joanne and I dumped two of the holding tanks. We have worked out a cycle of dumping 2 of the tanks weekly, and one of the tanks twice weekly, so twice a week we dump 2 tanks. We had lunch, I read, then napped. When I woke, Joanne went to shower, and I sat out at the picnic table reading some more. It was a lovely day for sitting around outside, reading, sipping on a cold drink. When she returned, we sat around discussing our travel plans for next summer.

I manned the barbecue while working on today's accounting, and this journal entry. Two of the Parkies came by and I told them that I have dealt with the "problem dog" in B18 < rolling eyes >. Two of the Park Interpreters came by to solicit us to do our regular weekly Amphitheatre promotion walk around. Certainly, we will ! Tonight's program is apparently their highlight program of the year. "Bears, bats and wolves". Green eyed blonde Ashley will be, of course, Goldilocks.

We got e-mails from Shirley and Darcy, and Dwight and Jennifer, about their planned visits this weekend to see us at West Hawk Lake. It's pleasing to note, that after more than 30 years of marriage, and many, many miles travelled, both literally and figuratively, by all concerned, Joanne's "Maid Of Honour" and my "Best Man" will both be here this weekend to visit with us. Some friendships endure time and distance.

We had a nice supper, borscht and a barbecued meat loaf and rice concoction. Then we did our regular Friday night Amphitheatre promotion walk around in sections A, B, and C. Bo loves these Friday night walk arounds. He gets to meet and greet many, many people ... and dogs. We attended the Amphitheatre program, a "musical" on bears, bats, and wolves. It was well attended, and was, I suppose, one of the better Interpretive presentations. After the "musical", there was supposed to be a movie, but the VCR projector malfunctioned, so no movie. We went to the campground office to check on site availability just before Sylvia closed the office for the night. Bo was excited to visit Sylvia. Bo is excited to visit anyone, any time, anywhere. We chatted with Sylvia for awhile, then I went to check on a couple of things in the campground for her, while Joanne went back to the trailer with Bo. Joanne washed supper dishes, while I watched the news and stuffed my face with milk and fresh cookies that Joanne baked this afternoon. My wife makes good cookies.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment