Monday, August 22, 2005

August 21, 2005

August 21, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 96 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 65

 

Today started out cloudy and cool, but the sky cleared and it warmed up in the afternoon.

I slept in a bit this morning. I was awake until after 2:30 A.M. last night because of the bar noise. I had a slow, lazy start to the day, and by the time I had finished showering, it was almost time for lunch. I prepared fried eggs à la Dan, and toast, for Sunday brunch. After lunch, I read for awhile, until I fell asleep. I hadn't really intended to nap since I slept late, but ... oh, well. When I woke, I went and chatted with Reid in the campground office for awhile, then worked on regular daily preventive maintenance and inspections. I cleaned out all the fire pits in section H, which were filled with garbage from the weekend's campers. GRRRRR ! ! ! We took Bo for an obedience walk. It turned out very badly. While running from me to Joanne, responding to a "come" command, he diverted into the forest to chase something. It took us about 10 or 15 minutes of coaxing, and tramping through thick brush, to capture him. Bad dog ! It almost seems like he treats himself to disobedience every time we give him a taste of off leash freedom, like we did at Buffalo Bay a few days ago. We returned to the trailer, and I isolated him alone in the bedroom for half an hour as punishment. No attention for you, bad dog !

I dealt with a high maintenance late arriving camper, an elderly couple on their way from Newfoundland back to their home on Vancouver Island. They were high maintenance because they were tired, and had a bad day, blowing a tire on their large fifth wheel trailer. I spent time with them getting them settled into a site, then discussing with them their options for a tire purchase. They didn't want to go into Winnipeg, so I suggested Portage La Prairie, or Neepawa, where they're headed tomorrow. Joanne had an even better idea, suggesting Steinbach. We looked up the addresses and phone numbers of 3 tire shops in Steinbach, and I drew them a map. I took out the printer to print the investment data updates I downloaded Friday, and I installed a new ink cartridge we bought recently at Wal-Mart in Kenora. The new ink cartridge was defective. I hope it's not a hassle to return it for an exchange. We had supper, then I went outside to work on the computer at the picnic table. It was a nice evening. More late arriving campers while I was working at the picnic table. I worked on updating our investment files. HMPH ! Lost a whack of dough in the last 2 weeks !

We continued to have late arriving campers coming into the campground throughout the evening, wandering around lost because Reid forgot to flip the office open sign to closed. On the closed side is instructions to see the campground host in site B8. I spent the evening reviewing the corporate fiscal year end documents received from our accountant, and putting the finishing touches on the corporate income tax returns, federal and provincial.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment