Monday, August 15, 2005

August 11, 2005

August 11, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 86 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 55

 

Today was cloudy and cool, with occasional light drizzle.

This morning I took care of morning chores, showered, then while waiting for a cup of coffee to brew I fell asleep again, sleeping until noon. Joanne went to Falcon Lake to buy some groceries. When she returned, I got up ( again ) and we had lunch. We spent most of the afternoon reading today's newspaper, and snoozing. My illness leaves me feeling weak and tired, and frustrated. I worked on removing the pleated day / night shades from the window behind our bed. They had jammed in the down position, and I could see there was some sort of problem with the stringing. First I had to remove the upholstered side curtains, then the valance, and finally the shades. Yes, they need restringing. I checked the Kenora and Eastern Manitoba phone books, but there wasn't anybody in either book that advertises blind repairs. When we needed a pleated shade restrung in Ottawa, as we were selling our house, it was difficult to find somebody to do the repair, and that was in a large city. I hope we can find somebody in Winnipeg that can do blind restringing.

My next job was removing some spruce gum from the hardwood floor in the kitchen. Hmph ... not that easy ! After supper, while I was returning to the trailer from yet another trip to the bathroom, I bumped into Sylvia from the campground office who was walking a stray dog that had been rescued from one of the uninhabited islands in the lake. I suggested she name it Bud, for big, ugly dog. Bud it is ! I brought a container of Bo's food to the campground office for her to feed Bud. At the end of her shift, Bud will probably go to the Parkies' bunk house. Hopefully they will take care of Bud until he is reunited with his owner. It would help if people put collars and identification tags on their dogs !

We played a new board game tonight. Cranium. It was a birthday gift to Joanne from her sister. Well ... at least I didn't hate it as much as Humzinger.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment