Monday, August 1, 2005

July 30, 2005

July 30, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 74 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 43

 

Today was sunny and very warm.

It was a day of lazing doing around, not doing much of anything. When I returned from showering this morning, Joanne and Bo were still in bed, so I rejoined them. We lay around for most of the morning. I did regular preventive maintenance, then Joanne left to go to Falcon Lake for some groceries, and to shop at Falcon Lake's big, long weekend flea market. I began to read a Reader's Digest Condensed Book that I picked up at Sharon's. It was my parent's. It's over 50 years old, and the first story certainly shows its age. Joanne returned from Falcon Lake with a book she purchased for me, for 50 cents. Oh, well ... at least the price was right, considering it's a book I'm not interested in. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth ! HA !

We spent the afternoon reading today's newspaper. I napped. I did a bit of work on the incoming mail we picked up at Sharon's on Thursday. Joanne barbecued potatoes and vegetables while I cooked pickerel for supper. After supper, I went down to the campground office to check on available sites for tonight, etc.. Then we took Bo for a short obedience walk, followed by a pleasure walk around the campground. The campground looks very littered, which is typical for long weekends. I worked on backing up all my computer files, today's accounting, and today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment