Monday, August 29, 2005

August 24, 2005

August 24, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 99 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 68

 

Today was mostly sunny and warm.

We woke up very early this morning to prepare to head for Winnipeg, for Joanne's uncle's funeral. My lower back pain was slightly diminished from yesterday, but still severe. While preparing, I had to assess whether or not to go, based on the severe pain in my back. With trepidation, I decided to go. Joanne drove to Winnipeg. The first mile from the campground to the Trans-Canada Highway was torture due to bumps in the road. By the time we had reached the highway, I was drenched in sweat, and just about ready to tell Joanne to turn around and take me back. Once we were on Trans-Canada Highway 1 the ride became smoother, but Dee-Dee could never be described as a smooth ride, especially when Harvey is not attached. We stopped at a pharmacy at Southdale, to buy some medication I needed, and pick up a Pharmacare application form. I drove from Southdale to Lorri's. We were picking up Lorri at 10 A.M., and taking her with us to Uncle Luc's funeral mass at St. Boniface Basilica. We attended Uncle Luc's service, a bilingual ( French / English ) Roman Catholic funeral mass in a formal cathedral. All that standing up and sitting back down was really painful. After the service, Joanne visited with some cousins downstairs at a luncheon. She hasn't seen most of these cousins in many years. Most were not aware of our lifestyle. It became obvious to me, as I watched and listened to Joanne explain our travel adventure, full time RV lifestyle to her relatives, that we are living some people's dream, other's nightmare. HA HA HA !

We drove Lorri back home, and stopped for just a few minutes to say hello to Madeleine and Amelia. We left Lorri's and stopped at the drapery shop that was supposed to have our bedroom shade repaired by yesterday. It was not ready. I wasn't impressed ! I think they understood that ! We drove out of the city, to Landmark, where I had a parts order to pick up at the GM dealer. I picked up a new speaker for the driver's door, and some door panel retainer clips. Joanne drove from Landmark back to West Hawk Lake. As soon as we got back to the trailer, I went to bed to pamper my sore back.

I'm glad I was able to tough it out for today's trip.

I got up to eat supper, then just lazed around all evening, trying, and failing, to find a comfortable position to sit in. I sure hope this back problem clears up soon. Today it was less painful than yesterday, which was less painful than the day before, but I'm still in a great deal of discomfort.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment