Friday, August 19, 2005

August 16 & 17, 2005

August 16 & 17, 2005

West Hawk Lake days 91 & 92 of 113

YEAR 2 DAYS 60 & 61

 

Tuesday ; Today was sunny and very warm.

Today was a long, tiring day of errands in and around Winnipeg. We left for Winnipeg first thing this morning. While fiddling with the radio as we drove, I discovered that the speaker in the driver's door is not working. I'll work on that in a few days. First stop was Sharon's in Lorette. We picked up her car, which we were borrowing for the day. From there Joanne drove Dee-Dee, and I drove Sharon's car, to the GM dealer in Landmark, about 10 miles from Sharon's. We dropped the truck off for brake service, then drove in Sharon's car to Winnipeg. First stop in Winnipeg was St. Vital Centre. We had lunch in the food court, then replenished supplies at Wal-Mart. From there we went to Singleton's, a nearby hair stylist shop, for Joanne to get a haircut. I waited in the car. Then we drove across town to Princess Auto. I wanted to shop for a torque wrench. I didn't buy one, but I did buy a special tool to allow me to remove automobile door trim panels. I'll need it to get at the speaker in the driver's door. I think I might return to Princess Auto the next time we're in Winnipeg, and buy a half inch drive 24 inch breaker bar, to make lug night tightening and removal easier. We left Winnipeg and drove to Landmark. They weren't quite finished replacing the truck's front brake pads and rotors, so we had to wait around for awhile. When they finished, they offered me a complimentary wash, so we waited some more while they washed the truck. Finally, about 5:30 we left the Landmark GM dealer and drove back to Lorette. Joanne drove Dee-Dee to Sharon's, while I stopped in Lorette to put some gas in the Danelak's car. We dropped off the car, and picked up the mail at Sharon's. There was a parcel pickup card in the mail, so we drove back into Lorette again, to pick up the parcel at the Post Office. It was our mattress warming pad, being returned from Sunbeam in Mississippi where I had shipped it for warranty repair. I guess it wasn't worth repairing. They just sent us a new one. We got back out onto TCH 1, and headed east towards West Hawk. We stopped at Richer, to buy some fresh produce, wild rice, and perogies. We stopped again at Falcon Lake to buy some groceries. We finally got back to the trailer at West Hawk about 8:00 P.M.. Bo had been left alone for over 10 hours, which I think is the longest we've left him alone in the trailer with Teddy. No accidents. Nothing chewed. Good dog, Bo.

We had the "take out" supper Sharon so generously provided. Thank you, Sharon. You're a good big sister. We took care of a couple of late arriving campers. We watched a TV show, then a bit of the imported BBC News. I was tired, and went to bed a little earlier then usual.

Wednesday ; Today was cloudy and cool, with light rain in the morning, turning into heavy rain by afternoon.

This morning when I walked into the shower building, the young, blonde woman from New Brunswick that was a late arriving camper last night was at the sink. I said good morning, then pointed out that she was in the men's washroom. She said she didn't know that, and asked how could she tell ? I said the urinal might be her first clue. I guess girls from New Brunswick don't get out much.

I made myself a cup of coffee, then began to work on yesterday's journal entry, and accounting. I was too tired last night to do them. Joanne went to shower. Debbie from Maintenance came by the trailer with a message from Elvira. Elvira wouldn't be able to make it over for dinner. She had family house guests that she expected were leaving today, but they decided to stay longer. Debbie was recuperating from her hysterectomy a couple of weeks ago. It's interesting to note that many of these seasonal employees of Manitoba Conservation decide to take paternity leave, have elective surgery, incur long term "injuries", develop long term "illness", etc., during the 4 or 5 months of the year that they actually have employment. They're healthy as horses during the 7 or 8 months of the year that they collect employment insurance.

We had lunch. I unpackaged and tested the new mattress warming pad, then we installed it on the bed. I napped while Joanne went to do some laundry at Crescent Beach Cottages, and buy some groceries at Falcon Lake. By the time I woke up, and Joanne had returned, it had stopped raining. We took Bo for an obedience session, then spent the balance of the afternoon and early evening reading the newspaper. We had a late supper, then I watched a bit of TV and did the newspaper Sudoku puzzle, while Joanne baked cookies.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment