Monday, August 15, 2005

August 12, 2005

August 12, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 87 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 56

 

Today started out sunny and cool, getting warmer in the afternoon. I guess the hot part of the summer is over.

I felt healthier today. This morning I did regular morning chores, preventive maintenance and inspections. I had a cup of coffee, played with the dog, and loved up the cat. I drove to the park gate and made some phone calls. I drained two of the holding tanks. I took Bo for an obedience session. My theory seems to be correct. He does much better earlier in the day. While I was doing my chores, Joanne went to shower, then prepared Jennifer's shoes for return by mail to Vancouver.

We had lunch. I read, then napped. Joanne went to do some laundry at Crescent Beach Cottages, then she drove to Falcon Lake for some groceries. I sat outside in a lawn chair reading. Late in the afternoon it became windy, and cool again. We barbecued supper, then went on our regular Friday night walk around sections A and B promoting tonight's Amphitheatre program.

We attended tonight's Amphitheatre program on the story of the boreal forest, which included those love struck Shakespearean characters, Conifero and Deciduette < rolling eyes >. After the Amphitheatre program, I went down to the campground office to get information on tonight's available electrical sites, reservations not yet arrived, etc.. Bud, the big ugly dog, has been reunited with his owner. On my way back to the trailer, I stopped for a few minutes to watch a nice display of Aurora Borealis in the northern sky. It's cold tonight !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment