Sunday, November 14, 2004

November 10, 2004

November 10, 2004

Trout Lodge

DAY 146

 

There sure have been a lot of accidents around this place in the last couple of days. Yesterday one of the Elderhostel ladies on the day trip to Meramec Springs State Park tripped and fell. I checked with her this morning and her shoulder is feeling better, so her injury wasn't serious. As we were eating lunch, another Elderhostel lady tripped on the curb at the front entrance to Trout Lodge and fell hard. Joanne saw it happen, jumped up and started running out of the dining room towards the front door. I've learned that if Joanne jumps up and starts running, I should start doing the same, despite the fact that I may not initially know why. The one eyed lady that fell today seemed okay after we helped her get up and dusted off. She was mostly concerned about the $20 bill she had been clutching in her hand when she fell. She let it go and it blew away. Someone retrieved it for her. An Elderhostel man working on the Pioneer Village restoration project fell off a ladder today and broke a rib. And finally, Sally from Australia, one of the Outdoor Education staff, rolled her car into the ditch on the way to town today.

This morning, I started my regular daily preventative maintenance chores by filling the windshield washer reservoir with fluid. You, know ... the one that was replaced yesterday for the fifth time in a year. As fast as I could pour the windshield washer fluid into the reservoir, it leaked out underneath the truck, at my feet. My next appointment at the GM dealer is for tomorrow ! ! ! ! !

Today was supposed to be one of our days off. Despite that, we worked on our Questing Hike project, and preparations for tomorrow’s Remembrance Day / Veterans Day service which I am conducting back in the woods, at the World War One Memorial site. And, of course, I napped with the cats. That’s become a “day off” ritual !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment