Sunday, November 21, 2004

November 20, 2004

November 20, 2004

Trout Lodge

DAY 156

 

PHEW ! I'm tired. My work schedule for today was ;

8:30 A.M. ; set up

9:00 A.M. ; archery

10:00 A.M. ; archery

11:00 A.M. ; archery

1:00 P.M. ; Drill Sargeant Daniel's obstacle course

2:00 P.M. ; Quest Hike

3:00 P.M. ; archery

4:00 P.M. ; archery

5:00 P.M. ; finish

Gee ... it's impossible to tire these kids out ! My "obstacle course" and "Drill Sergeant Daniel Says" game was brutal, but when there was 5 minutes left in the hour, I asked the kids if there was anything special they wanted to do to finish up. Their answer was ... ( are you ready ? ) "Can we run laps around the playground ?" I couldn't believe it ! ! ! My answer was " uhhhhhh ... sure ... DRILL SERGEANT DANIEL SAYS THREE LAPS AROUND THE PLAYGROUND ! "

After we both finished work for the day, we had supper, then returned to the trailer to feed the cats, and change clothes. From 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. we listened to the Blue Knights perform in Hillcrest Hall. The Blue Knights are a ten piece “big band era” orchestra from St. Louis. I’m not sure how they fit into this weekend’s “You’re In The Army Now” theme, but they were certainly pleasant to listen to. Upon request, they played ( “our” song ) Misty for me. As we danced close, I whispered in Joanne’s ear, asking her if she had ever imagined we would be dancing to “our song” in Potosi, Missouri ?

HA HA HA HA HA ! Maybe you would have had to have been there. Maybe you would have had to have been to Potosi, Missouri ! ! ! Where “going Wal-Martin ”is a verb !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment