Sunday, November 14, 2004

November 11, 2004

November 11, 2004

Trout Lodge

DAY 147

 

Today was cold and raining. I had to make a decision early whether or not to conduct my Remembrance Day / Veterans Day service outdoors at the World War One Memorial or indoors at the chapel. I really had my heart set on hiking up to the World War One Memorial. However, most of the interest shown in attending came from the Elderhostel crowd. I was told to expect about 35 people from Elderhostel would attend. With the number of "trip and fall" accidents over the last few days, I thought it would be a bad idea to take the Elderhostel people hiking up and down hills covered with wet leaves. I decided to relocate my service to the chapel.

With a bit of disappointment about the venue, I conducted a Remembrance Day service inside the chapel. It was attended by me, Joanne, and three members of the YMCA executive staff. To say I was very disappointed in the attendance would be an understatement. Apparently all the Elderhostel people who had earlier been enthusiastic about attending a Veterans Day service changed their minds because of the inclement weather. Can you spell apathy ? ! ?

As soon as the service was finished, and we had lunch, I took off for my appointment at the GM dealer in Potosi. They found a cracked hose in the windshield washer system that they had overlooked the other day. They replaced it at no charge. I sure hope that’s the end of the windshield washer saga ! From there I went to Bargain Tire to have them deal with the slow leak in the curb side front tire. It has been losing about 4 pounds a day of air pressure since they changed the valve stems last week. When the work was done last week, the owner of the shop did 3 of the tires, and an employee did one. Of course, the one done by the hired help was done incorrectly ! ! ! Finding good help is indeed a universal small business challenge, anywhere and everywhere, it seems.

As I drove back into the YMCA RV Park late in the afternoon, our neighbours Jack and Sharon invited us over to their fifth wheel for a glass of wine. We sat for a couple of hours drinking wine until supper time, engaging in what all “employees” do ; complaining about “the boss”. HA HA HA HA .... we haven’t had a chance to do this for the last 14 years or so. What a lot of fun !

Over supper, and after, we discussed our upcoming work assignments. Lindsay the Lead Program Director showed us her digital photos of Sally’s “roll over” automobile accident yesterday. WOW ! ! ! What a miracle that none of the 4 occupants was injured much. They are all sore and stiff, but no significant injuries. Sally’s Nissan Pathfinder was crushed and crumpled almost beyond recognition. She rolled it at 60 M.P.H. coming back into her lane after passing a car. And ... just the day before Sally was musing out loud about adding collision coverage to her automobile insurance ! OOOPS ! Too late !

Just came back from using a phone at Trout Lodge to phone MTS Mobility and tele-pay my cell phone bill. My goodness, our cell phone bills are outrageous !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment