Sunday, November 28, 2004

November 28, 2004

A tribute to Toby

September, 1987 to November 28, 2004

 

Toby died this morning. Rest in peace, my little friend. I dedicate today's entry to his memory.

Toby came into our lives in the summer of 1988, the first year we lived in Ottawa. I was on my back, on the driveway, fixing something underneath the boat. I heard his patented little "PRRRRT". I turned my head, and there he was staring up at the bottom of the boat, to see what I was fixing under there. He's been helping me do "guy stuff" ever since.

I was stroking him, and talking to him, when he crossed the Rainbow Bridge at 9:40 A.M. today.

This afternoon, we laid Toby to rest here in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, in the forest, with the sounds of birds singing.

He was dearly loved, and will be greatly missed. Our hearts are heavy with grief.

Farewell, Toby.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment