Sunday, November 7, 2004

November 5, 2004

November 5, 2004

Trout Lodge

DAY 141

 

Today was bright sunshine, albeit a little cool. I've come to realize that I'm a sunshine junkie. It was difficult to focus on my juggling rehearsal outside beside the trailer because I was entranced by the pair of bald eagles soaring above our campsite. It’s hard to juggle balls while watching eagles.

Today is the beginning of Single Parents Weekend. It was a big work day for us. We're both tired. My legs and feet ache.

Joanne worked a full afternoon and evening shift at the Waterwheel Country Store. In the afternoon I did magic and juggling in Trout Lodge main lobby, entertaining the children of the guests as they checked in. In the evening I conducted a "one match" campfire building clinic, then participated in the campfire entertainment program. Unlike the "cowboys" at the ranch here, I don't use diesel fuel to light my campfires. The campfire finale was me leading the group in a rousing rendition of Allouette. Americans find the concept of singing in French about plucking a pretty bird to be rather amusing.

This afternoon before we went to work, Joanne helped me select a series of musical pieces to use tomorrow afternoon in my juggling clinic. I'm excited and a bit nervous. I've never taught a juggling class before. I have no idea whether I can "produce" any jugglers in a one hour class. Wish me luck.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment