Tuesday, November 16, 2004

November 15, 2004

November 15, 2004

Trout Lodge

DAY 151

 

Today was sunny and quite a bit warmer than it has been for the last week or so. This place is quite deserted. There are no guests in house from today until Thursday. Most of the staff have taken a few days off and have left for one place or another.

I started the day by working on the completion of my Questing Hike no.1. Then I worked on the first draft of Questing Hike no.2. After lunch, I spent the afternoon working on the Trout Lodge rescue boat. It's an aluminum bass fishing boat with a 25 HP motor. It's in terrible shape and in desperate need of some TLC. It needed to be pulled out of the water and worked on. Dee-Dee got to do some off-roading today. I shifted her into 4 x 4 Low, and drove across the grounds to the beach, where I hooked up a tow chain between the truck and the boat, and pulled the boat out of the water and onto the beach. Just like a GM Truck TV commercial ... " LIKE A ROCK ".

I spent the entire evening trying to get the camera and the computer to "talk" to one another.  < SIGH > No luck ! I sent an e-mail request for technical assistance to Microsoft. While I was online, I decided to surf for another WorKamping job for January and / or February in Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona. There were a few possibilities. I sent e-mails to them. Wish me luck.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment