Monday, September 12, 2005

September 11, 2005

September 11, 2005

Riding Mountain National Park to Asessippi Provincial Park, Manitoba

YEAR 2 DAY 86

 

Today was sunny and warm.

First thing this morning we drove into Wasagaming and met with Wilf Rumball at the Loondromat. We reviewed his financial statements for the last few years, and a professional appraisal of the business he had done 2 ½ years ago. We were very impressed with it all. His business makes a fair amount of money, despite an operating season that is only 4 to 5 months. His asking price is fair and reasonable, when assessed by the income method of evaluation, the asset method of evaluation, and the comparison method of evaluation, comparing the asking price of the business to the selling prices of other businesses. We did not realize until we arrived here that, while the land is leased from Parks Canada, the building is owned. We thought his asking price was based on leased land and building.

We returned to the trailer, drained the holding tanks, refilled the fresh water tank, hitched the trailer to the truck, and got ready for departure. Joanne made lunch and I did today's regular preventive maintenance. We had lunch. Joanne broke the bedroom closet door latch while preparing the inside of the trailer for travel. This is the third time we've broken one of these plastic latches. I guess I should always have a spare one. I secured the closet door with masking tape to prevent it from sliding on its track while we're travelling.

We headed out of Riding Mountain National Park, south on Hwy. 10. We stopped in Onanole to fill with diesel. South on Hwy. 10 to Erickson, then west on Hwy. 45 to Russell, then north on Hwy. 83, and west on Hwy. 482 to Asessippi Provincial Park. We came here because Sharon said the walleye fishing was good here, but Lake Of The Prairies is a half mile from the campground. I didn't want to walk that far and back with my fishing rod and tackle box, and I didn't want to unhitch the truck, so I didn't go fishing. If we were able to stay more than 1 night I would have done so, but this is the last night that the campground is open for the season.

I wasn't feeling great, so I read the newspaper for awhile, then took a long nap. When I got up, I started cooking supper on the barbecue, and started a campfire. We had supper, then sat around the campfire. It was another pleasant evening to sit arounda campfire. Supper upset my stomach. For the first time in over 3 weeks, I drank Cola, and ate a steak. My system wasn't quite ready for one or the other of those, I guess. Joanne had a shower, while I did today's accounting and journal entry, and updated my investment files.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment