Saturday, September 24, 2005

September 23, 2005

September 23, 2005

Banff & Canmore, Alberta

YEAR 2 DAY 98

 

Today was sunny and cool in the morning, warming in the afternoon. All the snow melted.

This morning after showering and breakfast I headed off to have the windshield on the truck replaced. South on TCH 1 to Canmore, 17 kms. away. I found Rocky Mountain Auto Glass. I waited around for a couple of hours while the windshield was being replaced. While waiting I got a phone call from my investment broker's assistant, with details of my latest investment transaction. I have to sell investments every time we need money, every couple of weeks or so. At lunch time, I accepted an offer from the owner of the shop to be driven downtown for a few hours while the glue on the windshield dried sufficiently. He drove me into downtown Canmore and dropped me off at the public library. Joanne had prepared me a lunch to bring along today. I ate my lunch in the library while reading a newspaper. I received 2 phone calls from GM Canada to further discuss the replacement of the truck's starter last Friday in Stony Plain. Their position is unalterable. There will be no reimbursement from GM Canada. I'm extremely dissatisfied with their position. I vow that my next vehicle purchase will be a Ford truck. I got online on the library's computer and checked e-mail. The shop owner picked me up and returned me to his shop. I drove back to Banff, and took a nap.

After napping, I did some work on the computer, including today's accounting, and began today's journal entry. I took Bo for an obedience training session, concentrating on the heel command. He did very well. He and we realized the value in good heeling when we were walking in crowds at Lake Louise and Athabasca Falls. Since the late afternoon sun was shining on the side of the trailer, I applied new weather stripping to the exterior door frame of the trailer. I had been waiting for warmer weather to complete this job. I got out the printer and printed my letter to GM U.S. and my MasterCard statement. I prepared the letter and documentation to send to GM U.S.. I reconciled the MasterCard statement. We had supper, then watched a bit of TV.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment