Tuesday, September 20, 2005

September 15, 2005

September 15, 2005

Camrose to Stony Plain, Alberta

YEAR 2 DAY 90

 

Today was cold, cloudy, and raining.

This morning we had breakfast with the Huggards, then visited with them until we departed at 11:00 A.M.. They gave us directions to take back roads around Edmonton. I returned a phone call to my investment broker’s assistant in Ottawa, and she gave me price details of a trade transaction I had requested a few days ago. We departed Camrose heading north on Hwy. 883, then west on Hwy. 617, then north on Hwy. 21, then west on Hwy. 623 to Leduc. From Leduc we took Hwy. 39 west to Drayton Valley. We stopped for a late lunch in Drayton Valley, and after lunch the truck refused to start. The starter has been intermittently refusing to engage for about 2 weeks now. This time it took a whack with a crowbar and hammer to get it to engage. Time to have it replaced ! I drove across the street from the park where we stopped for lunch, to a GM dealer. Their service department was fully booked for today and tomorrow. I had them phone the GM dealer in Edson. Same story. I had them phone the GM dealer in Hinton. Same story. I had them phone the GM dealer in Whitecourt. Same story. I had them phone the GM dealer in Stony Plain, a bedroom suburb on the west side of Edmonton. The Stony Plain dealer could schedule me for service tomorrow afternoon < big sigh >. We drove north from Drayton Valley on Hwy. 22 to Yellowhead Hwy. 16, then headed east on Yellowhead Hwy. 16 back tracking to Edmonton. We found the GM dealer in Stony Plain, and then found a nearby campground. We registered, dumped the holding tanks, and set up in our campsite. We discovered that a bag of garbage we had left in the front storage trunk of the trailer had leaked. What a mess. Joanne cleaned up that mess while I took care of other chores. I cleaned Teddy's ears. I administered spot on flea treatment to Teddy and Bo. I gave Bo his heartworm medication. I entered the investment trade information into my investment and banking files in the computer.

We had supper. I did today's accounting and started today's journal entry. Joanne did some baking, and we watched a documentary on the disaster in New Orleans.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment