Friday, September 2, 2005

August 29, 2005

August 29, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 104 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 73

 

Today was mostly sunny and warm. I felt a little sick, and very weak for most of the day. Everything I did today, I did slowly.

I awoke early this morning. A few days in the hospital, and they conditioned me to arising at 6:00 A.M., and going to sleep at 9:00 P.M.. Sheesh ! That offsets my normal routine by at least a couple of hours. After breakfast, and a late shower, I drove to the Border Information Centre to get online. I sent and retrieved e-mail, confirmed an investment transaction, and updated my blog. I took Bo along for the ride. When I was leaving the trailer, he was desperate for a ride. I guess he hasn't been for a ride in over a week. We returned to West Hawk. The doe and her 2 fawns were out. The fawns are starting to lose their spots, and are not sticking quite as close to the mother any more. We had lunch. I read, then napped. While I was napping, Joanne went to Falcon Lake to buy some groceries. When she returned, she began to work on draining the holding tanks. I got up and went out to help. I coached, she did all the work. We took Bo for an obedience walk, but it went poorly. He hasn't been obedience walked for a week, and it shows.

I did some minor maintenance work. I spent a lot of the day shuffling from the bed to the bathroom. As the day progressed, I began to feel slightly better. Today's improvement brought me to a point that is about as severe as a "normal" colitis attack would be. That makes me hopeful that with careful management, and a bit of luck, I should be back to good health in 3 or 4 days.

Everybody wish me luck !

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment