Monday, September 12, 2005

September 8, 2005

September 8, 2005

Winnipeg, Manitoba

YEAR 2 DAY 83

 

Happy Birthday, Shirley.

Today was sunny and very warm. After showering in the Danelak's house this morning, I sat around for awhile visiting with Bud and Sharon, munching on Sharon's freshly made apple muffins for breakfast. Sharon and Joanne went into Lorette for grocery shopping. I did yesterday’s accounting, then made phone calls. I phoned the owner of the business for sale in Riding Mountain National Park, and arranged for us to meet with him at his place of business Saturday morning. I phoned a Winnipeg investment broker to get more information on a new investment product being made available by the Province Of Manitoba. I returned a phone call from a few days ago, to our Escapee friends in Montreal, Marcel and Louise Lemieux, the jugglers. We chatted about their and our winter travel plans, to see if there was any chance we would meet sometime this winter somewhere. I phoned my investment broker in Ottawa to get his firm's evaluation of this new Province Of Manitoba investment product I am considering purchasing. He will do some research and phone me back in a few days. I got our fax machine out of the storage compartment under the trailer, and set it up in the Danelak's kitchen, to receive a fax from the Winnipeg investment broker. On page 4 of a 20 page fax, it ran out of paper !

We had lunch with Sharon and Bud on their back deck, then sat in their new gazebo, visiting. I did today's regular preventive maintenance and inspections. I discovered that GNR's service department did not adjust the air pressure in the trailer tires, as they were supposed to, as part of the service package I bought. I wonder what else I paid for that didn't get done ? ! I put some finishing touches on the repaired bedroom day / night shade, then installed a new watch strap on Joanne's watch. We left for the Carlson's shortly after 4:00 P.M..

We drove into Winnipeg, to the Carlson's. We visited with Lorri and the girls briefly, until Doug came home from work. We had supper, then Doug, the girls, and I went outside to play in the back yard, while Joanne and Lorri cleaned up and visited. We played outside until it was time to put Madeleine and Amelia to bed. Lorri took care of that, Doug and Joanne visited, and I got online to send and retrieve e-mail, update my blog, and retrieve a bank statement. Lorri came downstairs from putting the girls to bed, then we all visited for awhile longer, discussing our travel plans for the next year. We said our goodbyes, and drove to Southdale Shopping Centre. Joanne went into Safeway to buy some water, and I went to use the bathroom at MacDonald's. I'm starting to become a regular at that MacDonald's bathroom ! We returned to the trailer in Lorette. Joanne worked on copying some recipes of Sharon's, while I worked on accounting and today's journal entry.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment