Monday, September 5, 2005

September 4, 2005

September 4, 2005

West Hawk Lake day 110 of 113

YEAR 2 DAY 79

 

Today was sunny and very warm. The morning was windy.

I got up late, and had a slow morning. I wasn't able to fall asleep last night until after 2:30 A.M., after the bar closed at 2:00 A.M. and all the rowdies finished rolling their way noisily back into the campground. I did regular preventive maintenance. We chatted with Billie and Elvira from the janitorial staff, and Sylvia in the campground office. Today is Sylvia's last day. Tomorrow she heads for her new life in Winnipeg as a University of Winnipeg student. We had lunch. I finished reading yesterday's newspaper, then took a nap. While I napped, Joanne defrosted the fridge, part of our preparations for resuming travel in a few days. When I awoke, I spent the afternoon updating investment files, and updating some corporate accounting with fiscal year end adjusting entries.

Early in the evening I went fishing to Star Lake. I fished for about an hour and a half, catching one perch. I released it. I gave up fishing when a boater with poor driving skills drove his boat over my fishing line, catching it under his boat. Then he got indignant and obnoxious. Somebody should have warned him that I can pretty much hold my own when it comes to being mouthy and shooting attitude ! I returned to West Hawk where Joanne had a nice perogy dinner waiting. We watched part of a W.C. Fields movie on VCR, but it was so incomprehensible, and devoid of humour, we gave up, and I tossed the tape in the garbage.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment