Tuesday, September 20, 2005

September 14, 2005

September 14, 2005

Wainwright to Camrose, Alberta

YEAR 2 DAY 89

 

The weather today was very variable. The morning was cloudy, cool, and raining. The afternoon was sunny and windy. The evening was cloudy, cool, and raining lightly.

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling the symptoms of a head cold. This morning I started taking vitamin C, and cold medication. Hopefully I can keep the cold from getting too bad, and making me feel miserable. After showering, walking Bo, feeding Teddy and Bo, and having breakfast, I did some maintenance work. We were in no hurry to leave. We didn't have far to go to get to Camrose, and we didn't want to arrive there until the afternoon, so we wouldn't risk interrupting our friends', the Huggards, lunch. I installed the replacement bedroom closet door latch I purchased in Saskatoon. The replacement latch I bought did not have pre-drilled holes, so I had to dig out the drill and drill mounting holes in the latch. Then I replaced the bedroom shade hold down clip which I also purchased in Saskatoon. The pleated shade hold down clips are hard to find, so I bought some extras, as well as an extra closet door latch. We knew we would be "dry camping" on the street tonight so I drained the holding tanks, and refilled the fresh water tank. I did regular preventive maintenance, then we got the trailer ready for travel. We were going to take Bo for an obedience walk before we left, but it started to rain, so he got a reprieve.

We headed west out of Wainwright on Hwy. 14, then Hwy. 615, and finally Hwy. 26 across to Camrose. We found the Wal-Mart in Camrose, and pulled in to their parking lot. It was a huge suburban mall with many stores. While I took a nap, Joanne went shopping to Wal-Mart for supplies, to Staples for some fax paper, and to Safeway for some groceries. After my nap, and her shopping, we had lunch. We phoned the Huggards to tell them we were in Camrose. Ruth Anne and Tom drove to Wal-Mart, and guided us to their son's place, where they now "live". They are now using their son's address, and have their fifth wheel parked in the back beside the garage. We parked out front on the street overnight. We spent the afternoon visiting with them in their trailer. Bo came with us into their trailer for a few minutes, but after checking out their trailer, and their Scottish Terrier, Angus, he decided to lift his leg and mark territory in their trailer. BAD DOG ! I hollered at him just as he was lifting his leg, so I prevented an "accident", but Bo was returned to our trailer. Stupid dog ! ! ! Ruth Anne made dinner for us. After dinner I got our laptop and showed them our photos of Arizona. Ruth Anne and Tom will be spending a month or two this winter in Arizona, for the first time. First they'll spend a few months, probably October to December, in an RV Park in Oliver, B.C., in the southern Okanagan, near Keremeos where we're headed to see an RV Co-op park. After viewing our Arizona photos, they took us for a guided tour around Camrose. It was an opportunity for me to compare Dodge trucks to GMC trucks. I prefer our GMC to their Dodge. The Cummins diesel engine in their Dodge is much louder than the diesel engine in our GMC. And their front seat is not as comfortable. After our tour of Camrose, we returned to their trailer for a bit more visiting. We returned to our trailer about 9:00 P.M.. I did today's accounting and journal entry while Joanne read in bed. It's cold enough tonight that we put the furnace on. The forecast low for tonight was 2° C..

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment