Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September 28, 2005

September 28, 2005

Creston, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 103

 

Today was sunny and warm. It was such a lovely day we decided to stay here and get caught up on some housekeeping and maintenance, taking advantage of the nice weather. It was a t-shirt weather day.

This morning after regular morning routines I phoned an RV service business in Chilliwack to discuss replacing the trailer's carpeting with vinyl flooring. They seem to have experience and expertise in that kind of work. We'll go there early next week to discuss it further. Then I phoned the Canadian Tire across the street from them, to order the blower motor I need. There was some difficulty getting them to order the part for me as they require pre-payment of special ordered parts, but I explained that we were travellers, and couldn't just run down to their store and pre-pay. Eventually I convinced them to order it for me. Yesterday while we were washing the trailer, one of the hub covers broke off. The little plastic mounting ring had melted from brake heat. That had happened once before, so I keep a spare hub cover, and installed it today. That meant digging the jack out from its storage place under the back seat of the truck, jacking up the trailer, removing a wheel and tire, installing the hub cover, re-installing the wheel and tire, lowering the trailer, and putting the jack back into its difficult to access storage area. Lots of work for a little job ! I did some minor maintenance inside the trailer. I tightened a lot of loose screws on the dinette chairs. I guess vibration from travelling eventually causes the screws to loosen. I tightened the screws in the birch bark biting mounted to the dinette window sill. I removed, repaired, and reinstalled a valance over one of the dinette windows. We took Bo for an obedience training walk, then a tennis ball play session.

We had lunch. Since we had Wi-Fi here we looked at some local real estate on the Internet. I took a nap. We worked on cleaning the lower sections of the trailer with bug and tar remover. We trimmed the hair on Bo's face. We couldn't see his eyes any more. I printed the investment updates I downloaded yesterday. I did today's accounting and started today's journal entry. Joanne did some laundry, and vacuuming. I worked on updating and analyzing the investment files. Oh, my ... the stock market hasn't done very well in the last few weeks, has it ?

We barbecued supper, then watched The Apprentice : Martha Stewart.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment