Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September 27, 2005

September 27, 2005

Kimberley To Creston, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 102

 

Today was sunny and warm.

This morning after showering, breakfast, morning chores, and preventive maintenance I went to the campground office and paid for last night. The office was closed when we came in yesterday. We spent the rest of the morning washing the trailer and truck. They're always so grimy. We seem to always have the dirtiest rig in the campground. When we finished, we changed into clean, dry clothes, prepared for departure, then took Bo for an obedience walk. I had forgotten that quite some time ago I had decided that it makes more sense to train him earlier in the day, rather than later, as we usually do. We drove over to the dump station and dumped the holding tanks. We went into the nearby washroom building to wash our hands afterwards. Joanne recruited me into the women's side, to fish out the chipmunk which had drowned in one of the toilets. It made me want to shout "I told you so" to all those irritating campers at West Hawk Lake this summer who persisted in leaving the exterior doors to the bathroom buildings open. There's a reason why buildings have doors, even in campgrounds !

We pulled out of the campground, and almost immediately stopped at the local GM dealer. I wanted to have the air conditioner / heater fan blower motor replaced, if they could do it immediately. The service department could do it immediately, but the parts department didn't have the part. The GM price is $130. They phoned the GM dealer in Cranbrook who also didn't have the part in stock. They phoned Bumper To Bumper in Cranbrook, who did have the part in stock. I figured I'd buy the part and have it installed later. We drove south on Hwy. 95A to Cranbrook. Just before the Bumper To Bumper was a Canadian Tire. I went in to see if they had the part I needed. They were out of stock. The Canadian Tire price was $90. We drove over to Bumper To Bumper and I went in to get the part. Their price was $106. I didn't buy it. I'll order it from a Canadian Tire where we'll be in a week or so. I'll figure out where tomorrow.

We headed out of Cranbrook southwest on Hwy. 3 / 95. We were looking for a place to stop for lunch when we saw a sign on an RV park advertising lots for lease. We pulled in and Joanne prepared lunch while I got some information and a tour of the park. We had lunch, then continued on Hwy. 3 / 95 until it splitat Yahk. We turned west on Hwy. 3, heading for Creston. Just before Creston we stopped at a roadside fruit and produce stand to buy some fresh Okanagan harvest. Potatoes, grapes, plums, corn, and some odd vegetables that Joanne picked up while I wasn't looking. We stopped for tonight at Pair-A-Dice RV Park. We were here in the spring. We wanted to be here tonight for 2 reasons. They have Wi-Fi, and cable TV, so I can pay my MasterCard bill online, and we can watch the season premiere of Amazing Race. We got set up in our campsite, and I changed the time on all the clocks and watches. Earlier today we crossed into the Pacific time zone. Too bad I can't reset the time on Teddy's internal meal time clock. I began to work on the computer while Joanne went off to do some laundry. Then while she did some vacuuming in the trailer, I went outside and repaired the broken clasp on her purse. I did today's accounting, then went online on Wi-Fi, paid the MasterCard bill, sent and retrieved e-mail, and updated my blog.

For supper I cooked the last of the pickerel that I caught at Star Lake in June. We spent the rest of the evening watching the season premiere of Amazing Race, then the news.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment