Thursday, October 13, 2005

October 12, 2005

October 12, 2005

Vancouver, B.C.

YEAR 2 DAY 117

 

Happy 31st Anniversary to us !

 

Today was cloudy and mild. It started raining in the afternoon.

This morning I was awakened by a phone call from Rhonda, my investment broker's assistant. She was calling with details of my latest investment transaction. She sort of failed to take into account that we are 3 time zones away from her. Dwight made breakfast, cooking omelettes for all of us. Thank you, Dwight. After breakfast he went down to his basement office / studio to work, and Jennifer went to her office upstairs to work on a project for her father's business. Joanne did some crosswords, then began to read Dwight's new book, a text book / reference book for architects. I went outside and finished the painting repair job I was doing on the trailer's stove cover. Then I finished reading all the documentation from Sunshine Valley, the recreational property development near Hope. I phoned the real estate agent here in Vancouver that represents Sunshine Valley, and had my questions answered and concerns addressed. I phoned with questions and concerns despite the fact that we had already made a decision about purchasing a lot at Sunshine Valley. We have decided that it would be premature for us to buy anything, anywhere, for at least another year, probably two. I set up the laptop for Jennifer who wanted an IBM based PC to do some work that she was having some difficulty doing on her Apple Macintosh computer. She was unable to transfer her Mac file to my laptop to work on it. Sorry, Jennifer. I made a fire in the fireplace in the living room. Joanne perused Dwight's book. I read the newspaper. Teddy snoozed right in front of the fire. Bo whined incessantly ! Being here as house guests has upset his routines and equilibrium, and caused him anxiety. Stupid dog!

We had lunch. After lunch, Dwight connected some techno-doo-dad device of his that enabled me to have wireless access to the Internet. Turned his house into a Wi-Fi hotspot for me ! Thanks, Dwight. I sent and retrieved e-mail, updated my blog, and surfed a bit, checking out MTS cellular phone plans to determine what would be most suitable for our winter in the U.S., checking out new Work Camper listings, checking out some Snowbird travel / health insurance, etc.. I kept the fire going in the fireplace all afternoon. Joanne wanted to go to the grocery store to buy what she needed to prepare dinner tonight. We took Bo and drove to a nearby Safeway. When we returned from the store, I spent most of the rest of the afternoon sitting by the fireplace, reading the newspaper.

Joanne prepared supper, a recipe she found recently in an RV magazine. Sort of a meatloaf baked inside hollowed out halves of acorn squash. After supper, Jennifer left to attend a horticultural meeting, Dwight went to his basement office / studio to do some corporate fiscal year end accounting, Joanne washed dishes, and I returned a phone call to Lorri. She phoned yesterday morning to wish me a belated Happy Birthday while we were driving in Vancouver's rush hour traffic with the rig. We forgot to return the call yesterday. When Joanne finished dishes, she took over the phone call with Lorri, and I took Bo out for a walk in the cold rain. Bo hates cold rain even worse than I do. His motto when it's raining and cold is " Bo no go" !

We spent the evening sitting in front of the nice, warm fire, reading. Late in the evening Dwight joined us in the living room, and we visited.

DSK

No comments:

Post a Comment